Incase Origami Apple Keyboard Case Saves The Day!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by jazz1, Nov 15, 2015.

1. jazz1 macrumors 65816

jazz1

Well I a bit nonplussed we iPP buyers have to wait for 3-4 weeks for the iPad Pro's Apple Keyboard Case. So as I was rummaging around in my equipment cabinet for an Apple DVD drive I came across this long forgotten Apple Bluetooth keyboard and Incase Origami Keyboard Case.

Well I set it up in the kitchen and was very pleased at how the iPP was held at a good angle. I also like how the case folds up and protects the keyboard. Note I am using the iPP with the Apple back case and front cover.

I may go out to the local Apple Store and see the pricey Apple Keyboard cover. I tried to on launch day but the sales person was running around with it in hand trying to apparently escape the mob who was trying to get their hands on one ;) Maybe I don't need one after all?

Attached Files:

2. EdisEdward macrumors 6502

I have these as well from iPad 4 days. Will probably use this instead of buying iPad pro keyboard

3. jazz1 thread starter macrumors 65816

jazz1

One caution is that I had iTunes playing and close the cover. The music stopped, as expected. However, as I had the keyboard cover closed over the Apple keyboard I must has squeezed it between my arm and body. The music started playing again. So I accidentally activated iTunes on the iPad. I guess I'll have to physically turn the keyboard off.

4. No-Me macrumors 6502a

Nice! I have one of those somewhere, I love it but totally forgot about it.

Thanks!

Update: Too bad they don't make them for the new keyboard, I was using a new keyboard + the smart cover as stand at home.

5. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

Yep, I have that too. It worked wonderfully with my iPad 4 as well. The only downside was the lack of iPad-specific keys... but the keyboard case for the Pro doesn't have them either so no improvement there.

6. jazz1 thread starter macrumors 65816

jazz1

Well I guess they still have to sell laptops :D

7. No-Me macrumors 6502a

Found it! Nice, this is very awesome! :) better than using the smartcover as stand, way more stable.

8. mojo522 macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reminder! I just dug mine out and it is working perfectly. My Best Buy order for the smart keyboard was cancelled so this will hold me over until it comes back in stock.