Incase Origami Workstation Case/Stand for iPad 3

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Scottyee, May 24, 2012.

1. Scottyee macrumors regular

I'm seriously considering purchasing an Incase Origami Workstation Case/Stand $29.95 for my Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and iPad 3.

My only concern from reading some reviews about it is that the adhesive glue used to secure the velcro pads to the case weaken after a while, with the velcro pads eventually coming off completely. Have any Origami Workstation owners here experienced this? I wonder if Incase ever addressed this problem with stronger glue, or better yet, actually sewing the velcro tab strips on to the case now.

Interested in getting opinions/recommendations here about the Origami Workstation. Since I already own the Apple Bluetooth keyboard it seems to make the most sense, but curious how this setup compares to buying a Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard instead.

Thanks in advance for input.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. seajewel macrumors 6502

I've read that it's an easy fix to glue it back yourself if that happens. I think if you have an AWK the Origami Workstation is perfect. I wouldn't count on them having revised the design/better glue etc. some people found them at Target for around $10 or something, on clearance.. you might want to check.

3. Scottyee, May 25, 2012
    Last edited: May 25, 2012

Scottyee thread starter macrumors regular

seajewel, thanks for your reply.
    I went down to my local Apple Store today to checkout the Origami Worksation and the Apple salesperson both demonstrated and showed me how Incase has now recently, to insure the tabs won't eventually come off, revised the Worksation's velcro tab design, adding 'sewn into the case' stitching around the entire perimeter of the tabs. I'm now a happy Origami Workstation owner. It looks and works great (idea solid typing angle) with my Apple Bluetooth keyboard and iPad 3 (with Incase Mag Snap Back cover).

My only beef is that my Apple Bluetooth KB with iPad 3, doesn't recognize the keyboard shortcut for forward delete (fn+delete). Anybody else having this problem? I heard that the problem isn't the keyboard, but that the limitation is within the iPad IOS itself. Sure would be nice to have a "forward delete" Apple BT keyboard shortcut to work with the iPad. Any ideas?

4. seajewel macrumors 6502

that's good to know, thanks for updating about the new design! the AWK with the Origami Workstation was going to be my setup but I'm pretty tempted by the Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover.. mainly because I could use it on my lap..

5. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I've used both on my lap...though the Logitech is a bit more secured when the iPad is used in horizontal position.

6. No-Me macrumors 6502a

I bought mine especially for a holiday where I didn't want to bring my laptop.
    I also already owned the BT keyboard so it was the most logical (and cheap) choice for me.

The biggest advantage is that you have a full size keyboard, with all other cases it's smaller than a normal keyboard.

The only thing that is annoying is that Apple didn't release a BT keyboard specific for the iPad, as some keys are useless now and I would love to have a homebutton on the keyboard.