InCase Premium Sleeve

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mabyboi, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

Hey Guys,

Just wondering if anyone here has this case for their Retina MacBook? Sorry if this needs to be put in a different thread, feel free to move it.

Just curious if anyone has tried fitting the adapter in the extra pocket and how the faux leather feels compared to the neoprene..

[​IMG]

http://goincase.com/products/detail/protective-sleeve-deluxe-cl57565

Thanks Guys!

2. kpdillon macrumors member

3. ivoruest macrumors 6502

ivoruest

It fits only without the extended cord. It could fit with the extension but it may damage the stitching of the leather. I personally like better Neoprene. Also like darker colors, they get dirty a lot less than light colors and white specially.

4. Mabyboi thread starter macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

I dont know what it is I just like the white, and ill have a black carbon fiber skin on my retina so it will be a nice balance..

Are you able to roll up the cable on the adapter?

5. ivoruest macrumors 6502

ivoruest

Yep, definitely will look nice! I'm glad for you.

Well I can roll up the thin cable which is the one that goes directly to the Mac (Magsafe). But I usually have the extension which also comes with the Macbook Pro but unlike the skinny one, this cannot be rolled up to the charger. I just roll it up in my hand and then store it in another small pocket of my backpack.

Here's a picture if you want to see.
    http://cdn101.iofferphoto.com/img/i...w-magsafe-power-adapter-a1184-a1172-22c3e.jpg

6. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

7. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Let us know how it fits.... Did you order the 16" version [ from the new version ] ?

Thanks!

8. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

9. Funkenstein macrumors regular

It may just be that I'm using my phone but in the images that case looks quite flimsy. I like that inner cover. How robust are these against knocks and dents?

10. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I have the Tucano Second Skin Elements, the one with the MB letters on it that sold for $25. seen here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77634324@N00/4231962066

And no it doesn't feel flimsy.Tucano Second Skin has a nice weight to it and is very durable. Side by side with the Incase sleeve, the Tucano feels nicer, looks like it cost a lot more. The current Second Skin I've seen in stores and it looks just like the previous model but with the Charge Up port. The inner lining is cover is nice. Just think when your MBP is inside a sleeve and you unzip the sleeve. That zipper is pressing against metal. Not good.

Tucano sleeve does protects from dings and dents. I haven't drop tested that yet. I travel with mine, its inside a messenger bag. My MBP looks new, no dings or dents. I know with my PB, the only time I got a ding is when the power cord was connected and my PB fell to the floor on that side. MBP case is a lot more solid than the old PB G4. I like that the Tucano Second Skin is waterproof. Also, something in my bag left a mark on the sleeve once. Then a few days later, the mark was gone. I like that doesn't wear out. My Second Skin still looks new. For some reason it reminds me of Body Glove. Could be the weight. It looks light but feels heavy protection. (if that sounds right)

here is a review. In this review he talks about the covering. So far mine has not lost it's elasticity. Honestly it looks new for a 3yr old case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icnigznEqxQ

11. KingArthurVI macrumors regular

KingArthurVI

I got the Incase Lineage sleeve for my rMBP, so far so good.

[​IMG]

12. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

Incases have the inner piping that protect from the zipper as well.

Can you fit the power cord with the three pronged extension in that outer zipper? I almost bought one the other day at the Apple store, but I like the Terra more and they were out of the 15" version of the Terra. If the Lineage can't fit the cord with extension, I think I'd get the Terra instead. For me it has to fit the whole cord with extension or I'm just saying screw it and I'm tossing the cord in the backpack.

Also, is it liquid resistant like their neoprene cases (such as the white one in the OP)? The canvas felt pretty thick on and durable (and even coated?), but I couldn't really tell in the store.

13. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

Yeah the Incase sleeve overlaps when zipped but there isn't a separate cover between the sleeve and zipper.

14. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

Wouldn't that be overkill? After 4.5 years of use, I never had problems with the incase sleeve I used on my previous Mac.The inner piping seemed to be enough to prevent scratches. And additional cover seems like it would add bulk and add an extra step when closing it. Or am I missing something? Based on the pictures found on that Amazon link, I don't see any difference in their approach to the zipper protection. What separate cover? It looks like there's piping there doing the same job as the piping on the incase.

15. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

It would depend on the user, how they pack their bags/gear. I don't think that overkill. The cover doesn't add any bulk just added protection. If I don't use the cover, it zips like other cases.

The extra cover is about 1.5inches wide. I don't look at the extra step as such.. When I put my MBP inside my sleeve I look at it as protecting and keeping everything sealed in its compartment. After I put my MB into the sleeve, I put inside a padded Timbuk2 messenger bag computer compartment which has another velcro closer.. I think that part (the Second Skin zipper cover) is great because although the sleeve is waterproof, the zipper isn't. (lightbulb moment) The cover serves as a liner between the zipper and mac...possibly a protectant from elements? :cool: I might try it out with my PB and see if the neoprene catches the water before getting to the computer.

[​IMG]

16. ObamaJr macrumors newbie

Thanks for this discussion guys. I was just about to buy the Incase Sleeve!

17. marddin macrumors 6502

Thanks all for your comments and reviews. So with your experience does the Toscano fit the retina snug? I see it's designed for 15" MBP non retina which for some like the Incase sleeve does not fit the retina the same way (loose).

Thanks all

18. marddin macrumors 6502

Really interested in the Tucano charge up. Does the retina fit nice and snug in the charge up sleeve?

19. Mabyboi thread starter macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

I just got the case in the mail today, feels awesome and looks awesome! Now i just need my Mac to put in it.

20. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I had never heard of Tucano case until I saw someone here discussing them. I'm big on quality build and how a gadget feels in my hand. The reviewer said that they felt great and looked really nice. I figure that if it's Italian made then it would have nice details. Not knocking Incase but I didn't like it for me. The neoprene felt more like polyester.

Sweet Congrats. I get a lot of complements on this sleeve especially when I go to the Apple store with it. The color hasn't faded, it still smells new, and shows very little wear. I was going to get a Tucano gadget pouch to match, but Timbuk2 came out with an accessories bag that nice called the Clear Flexito.

21. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

22. FatGuy007 macrumors 6502

You know theres a whole 30page thread about this?

23. marddin macrumors 6502

Hey Mofunk, are you using the Tucano sleeve for the retina or for the old 15" MBP?

24. kpdillon macrumors member

This fits perfectly. I bought the 14.1 from size from Amazon for $15. Provides pretty good protection and fits in my backpack nicely.

25. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I have a MBP w/o retina. The Tucano Second Skin will fit the MBPr. The Macbook Pro and MBP Retina are the similar size around (0.2cm smaller). The sleeve is not bulky. I've actually used it for my PB G4 too which is 15in. Occasionally I will even put the power supply in with my MBP when I don't carry a bag.

It's like a sock. You know on the package it says fits 8-12 shoe size. Tucano 15in sleeve will fit MBP or MBPr. Its Neoprene I will fit around your MBPr nicely. The Tucano neoprene holds its shape well. Very form fitting.