InCase: Pro Slider or Hybrid?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by djr7572, Dec 24, 2011.

1. djr7572 macrumors regular

I'm considering a new case for my iPhone 4. I'm currently using the InCase Snap - but while I enjoy the slimness of it, it doesn't offer a lot of real protection. I love the InCase brand, so I'd like to stay with them. The Pro Slider and Hybrid seem like logical choices for better overall protection yet slim at the same time. Anyone have any experience with either of these two? Pros and cons?

On a separate note, why is the Pro Slider two pieces? Seems unnecessary. Why not make it one piece?

Thanks in advance.

2. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

I've had the pro slider case, probably one of my favorite cases out there.
    the reason why its in 2 pieces so you can dock it a lot easier on the docking stations.

3. djr7572 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply. The docking thing makes sense. Do you find that the bottom piece stays connected nice and tight? It doesn't come loose?

4. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

nope mine hasn't fallen off at all. its on there pretty good

5. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I bought the Pro Slider and returned it. I liked the looks and the fact that it was slim, however:

- the plastic was already cracking at one of the corners where the two pieces meet up
    - the rubber edges easily rubbed off like an eraser
    - it didn't seem to offer as much protect as I would've liked. The reason that it is not two pieces is that there isn't really much flexibility. If you bent it, it would crack. There's just a VERY thin lining of rubber inside that probably offers minimal protection, at best.

I exchanged it for the Speck Candyshell which I like a lot. Since there's a thick coating of rubber, there's a lot more "give" to it and it can get away with being one piece.
    All that said, I did use a normal Incase Slider on my 3G and I loved it. It's just that the 3G was plastic so it could theoretically take a harder drop... I don't want to risk it with my 4.