incase protective cover + power support crystal pics

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by fatalcure, Jul 24, 2008.

1. fatalcure macrumors newbie

Was waiting for this case, which i picked up from the Apple store. It fits really tight, a lot tighter than the same case for the previous iphone. Also, since my invisbleSHIELD front for the 3g hadn't shown up yet, i also picked up the Power Support Crystal for the screen. As you can see (or not), the PowerSupport screen is hardly noticeable and let me tell u it's easy as pie to put on (i've used invisibleshield in the past, and it was not an easy/clean task). I put it on fairly lint free (the lint you see in pics is on top of the screen), and tried to center it around the home button the best I could, which took a couple of tries.

Attached Files:

2. fatalcure thread starter macrumors newbie

incase protective cover + power shiled pics

couple more pics...

Attached Files:

3. hkftw macrumors member

I have the same setup, except with the anti-glare

I love it:D

4. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Did they have all 3 colors (rose, orange, black) at the Apple store? I'm thinking about stopping by to pick up a case + film for my phone. It looks soo hot naked, but I am clumsy and the phone will inevitably slide out of my hands onto the ground. And a broken iPhone is not hot :p

5. macduke macrumors 603

macduke

I have this case and the "Power Support" brand anti-glare cover both bought at the Apple Store. I love this setup and think it is one of the best looking IMO. Only problem is the camera hole is a little off. Has anyone used another brand of anti-glare covering? The one I have is a lot harder to smudge than the original screen but I wish that it wouldn't smudge at all. It is also easier to clean than the original screen. Otherwise I am very happy.

6. w0ngbr4d macrumors regular

How well does this slide in and out of pockets? I'm torn between a hard shell and rubber case for this reason. I don't want to fight my pocket to get my phone out.

Thanks.

7. mugatu macrumors newbie

8. fatalcure thread starter macrumors newbie

To answer some questions...

extraextra,
    they had the black and orange at the apple store here in Atlanta, Ga, but i'm sure they should have all 3 colors by now.

w0ngbr4d,
    the incase cover is a little harder than most silicone/rubber cases, it has a very good/tight fit. I had an incipio brand b4 and it was a dust/pocket lint magnet and tough to pull out of pocket. This case, although still not as easy to pull out as a bare phone, is a lot easier than other rubber/silicone cases to take out of the pocket. Also, if you sit down to drive or anything w/ the phone in your pocket, it's a lil hard to pull it out, it doesn't "slide" out as fast as you'd want.

mugatu,
    heh, looks like a non-branded version of the same thing, for $2.18 can't hurt to order and try/compare :)

Also, apple store let me open the package and try on the case before purchase (i think any store would let u do that), so just try it on before purchasing.

Overall a very nice case, i love the way it feels and like that it protects the metal hard buttons as well. But as mentioned before, the camera cutout doesn't center around the camera.

9. Clyde099 macrumors regular

10. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

I've always like the look of the InCase covers, but the first version stretched out pretty bad after awhile.

How is this one holding up?

11. fatalcure thread starter macrumors newbie

Clyde099,
    it doesn't really pick up much lint/dust from your pocket...it's a LOT better than some silicone cases i've tried which are lint magnets

oghowie,
    only had this case for a week so can't comment on how it will stretch, but i'm sure the more to take it on/off (which i don't plan on doing) the more prone it is to stretch

12. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

13. bigmouth macrumors 6502

I like my Incase but would prefer something less sticky without the weird contoured striping on the back. Any suggestions?

14. Dizle macrumors 6502

just got this case and I love it! Fits really tight and not that much of a pain to get out of my pocket but deff not as easy as the naked phone. Not as sticky as most silicon cases either but kind of pricy at $30.

15. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

This is a nice case, but makes it difficult to remove from your pocket when you have jeans or dress slacks on. Right now I'm using the Griffin Wave Case. It seems really good. But I would like to see the Incase Slider when they release it (Mid-Late August).

16. meagain macrumors 68030

That case ruined my pristine 1st gen iPhone. Couldn't pay me to put it on the 3g without a skin to protect the phone from the CASE. Which is rather silly in concept.

17. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

Thanks for the reply, Meagain. Could you elaborate. I have had this case for two weeks and just removed to clean my phone. I noticed no wear from the case, and my phone is still in pristine condition.

Can you let us know what it did to your phone so we can watch for potential damage. Love the case so far.

Thanks.

18. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

Picked this up this weekend. Love the way it looks and feels. But I say is a major lint magnet. I have a revo before and got no lint at all so this seems like a ton now to me. But I like it and over all my case doesn't go in my pocket to often.

19. applehappy macrumors regular

Same here. Scratched up the chrome(?) edge around the screen so badly. I loved the case, but it definately scratched up the edge.

20. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

Yep, that's me also... exactly. I have the same case, but with the anti-glare screen protector.

I have no idea how anyone can use the crystal screen protector, when the anti-glare one is so much better. NO smudges, fingerprints, etc etc... awesome.

21. Dizle macrumors 6502

Also have this case and love it, not to worried about the chrome getting scratched if it happens it happens.

22. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

Light scratches on your chrome trim is a small price to pay for having such an awesome case. :)

By the way, my friend had this case on his original iphone and had no "chrome scratching". I have it for my 3g, and have been using it for quite a while now also and have no scratches.

23. Dizle macrumors 6502

Exactly! I have been to the beach with my iPhone a few time, listening to music and crusing the Internet with this case and no scratches. Omg my IPHONE IN THE SAND! Man I love this phone!