Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tjespo22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
Staten Island NY
anyone have it? If so dies it scratch the chrome bezel like the original one when the first iPhone came out? I just bought it and it feels nice I just don't want it to scratch up my Phone.

Thanks expo

DeuceDeuce

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2007
San Dimas, CA
anyone have it? If so dies it scratch the chrome bezel like the original one when the first iPhone came out? I just bought it and it feels nice I just don't want it to scratch up my Phone.

Thanks expo

I dont have it and I can assure you that it will... Its just the nature of those "protective" cases.

tjespo22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 27, 2007
Staten Island NY
already got rid of it after having it for 30 mins I hate how everytime u take it out of it pocket it takes everything else out with it and takes the pocket out too so I just gave it to my friend who I owed money

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I like it better than the old one, which I only had for a few days. The lint doesn't stick to it as bad. Its not terrible to pull out of your pocket...you just have to know how to grip it. I love the grip actually. I don't have any scratches yet...but I'm a pretty clean person and don't have a lot of dirt or sand in my pockets that could work its way in. It seems as though the sides are tighter than the 1st gen, but maybe it will get loose over time. My roommate who hates Apple and the iPhone and makes fun of it all the time saw my new 3g in the Incase and REALLY liked it. Especially with the anti-glare screen protector. I think he's seriously considering it now, especially with the lower price of the phone. He loves the black. And all the new apps. I'm slowly winning him over...:D

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
I was tempted to get one of these because i love the design on the back and the fact that it will keep the phone from sliding around. But i've had bad experiences with silicone cases. They don't really protect the ipod/phone from drops and they do collect lint.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I was tempted to get one of these because i love the design on the back and the fact that it will keep the phone from sliding around. But i've had bad experiences with silicone cases. They don't really protect the ipod/phone from drops and they do collect lint.

I have this case. Is it really silicone? I had the Incipio silicone case at launch, and it is a flimsy piece of crap compared to this one. It is much thicker and I do not fear dropping it. It feels a lot more rubbery than other silicone cases...and harder, yet cushy enough to absorb shock. Its just hard to explain unless you have both kinds of cases in your hands.

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
My 2g Incase rubber fits my 3g like a glove. Because the darned thing stretches out. I only removed my 2g twice when on my 2g and I removed it VERY carefully.

I'm putting a BodyGuardz or BestSkinsEver on it - THEN using my Incase 2g case for when I need that extra padding.

RocketJohn

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2008
Denver, Colorado
i've had mine since day 1 with my 3G, works great, i see no scratches and I can take it out of my pants pockets without the pocket coming out with it... as I don't put other items in my iPhone designated pocket. It helps if you wear the correct pant size so your pockets are actually usable as the pants-god intended...

bluelondon

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2008
you guys talking about this case?

Attachments

• IMG_8359.JPG
    IMG_8359.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 5,688
  • IMG_8358.JPG
    IMG_8358.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 5,659

animenick65

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2006
I have the same case as bluelondon. It protects it very well and keeps it safe on tables and such. As another poster commented, it is a bit of a PITA taking it out of your pocket if your pocket is small, but then again it isnt going to fall out of your pocket anytime soon. Couple this case with a powersupport crystal film for the front and your phone is fully protected and looks sexy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.