Incase Rubber sleeve scatched my iphone.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Hipnomac, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Hipnomac macrumors regular

Hipnomac

I was one of the many that wanted to protect my investment with a case. I put the rubber sleeve and crystal screen protector right after I took it out of the box. After taking of the rubber case the other day I realized that the chrome on my iphone is all scratched. I know this is not from it being unprotected or poor handling because I had the case on the entire time. Those who have the Incase Rubber Protective Cover use at your on caution, my phone is worse off than if I had it naked.

2. Juvenile macrumors member

Do a search on this topic as it has been well documented. Try an iSkin Revo instead.

3. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

well, i went through the exact same thing. my iphones border is horibbly scratched.
    im just running naked now (except for my power support)

4. asuandy macrumors member

asuandy

My Revo put a couple scratches in my chrome bezel FWIW

5. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

now that your chrome is scratched just go brushed metal and any scratches you get in the future you can buff out and not worry.

6. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

i dont know if i want to do a brushed metal mod yet, the scratches are all going in done direction so it doesnt look like it was really messed up, just scuffed once.

7. robby818 macrumors 6502a

It's not the case per se that is causing the scratches. It's dirt & grit that gets trapped in between the case and the phone that is causing the scratches. this is a problem with any of the silicone cases as they leave a little bit of room for small particles to get between the phone and case. The solution I found is to use the bestskins phone skin in combination with the incase sleeve. It works really well although not perfectly because the best skins leaves a little bit of the chrome exposed.

Also, it is best not to remove the skin for charing purposes, in other words dont use the dock. The more you take off the skin the more it deforms and leaves space for junk to get into the case and scratch the phone.

The silicone cases are good protection from drops. They do a good job of preventing dings and other nasty scratches from hard falls. Mine also keeps my iphone from slipping out of my pocket which is a nice side benefit. So I think they are still a good idea.

The chrome scratches easily..not a good design choice from a durability point of view but it sure does like nice when new :)

8. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I also had the incase one and it scratched the chrome trim on my iPhone pretty quickly. thank goodness my Apple store gave me a replacement iPhone for a different issue.