Incase Sleeve for Macbook PRo

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JC0205, Oct 16, 2008.

1. JC0205 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and was wondering if you guys can help me out. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this thread but I just recently purchased a refurb Macbook Pro and need a case for it. I heard that they dent easily? Is that true? I was planning to get the incase neoprene sleeve for it and was wondering would it be enough protection for my macbook pro in a backpack with a few books. I would hate to find random dents in my flawless macbook pro. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you.

P.S. My refurb 2.4ghz macbook pro. which came just yesterday, looks completely brand new and works perfectly without any problems so far (*knock on wood*). It came with all the standard accessories except the original box. Overall it was a very good deal and I am loving it.

:D

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The booq Vyper M2 is the best sleeve I've ever seen for a MBP. Far superior protection to a neoprene sleeve.

3. ben.mcmahan macrumors member

I've been using the incase 15" nylon sleeve plus
    http://goincase.com/products/detail/17-nylon-sleeve-plus-cl57067
    (not listed on their website, but i picked it up at the apple store)

It's sturdy enough to work as a standalone case (i toss it around the car), barely big enough to carry the essentials (carries a few small notebooks, power adapter, pens, etc), but is small enough to fit inside my larger backpack when i want to ride my bike.

I dont know how it would work for dents, but i went this route so i had something more functional than a simple case (like the neoprene or booq case)... (although that booq case looks bomber)

as a note:
    i started with the incase crystal hard shell cover, and while it looked style+ and would obviously protect from dents, i hated the way it made my mbp feel, both in terms of size (slightly larger) and how it limited how far you could open the display...

my .02

4. JC0205 thread starter macrumors newbie

That looks like a really nice sleeve but a bit too pricey for me, Thank you though! Any incase neoprene sleeve users for the macbook pro out there? Any help would be much appreciated!! :)

5. PyroTurtle macrumors regular

WaterField Designs have the best sleeves I've found, far better than the InCase ones imo.

http://sfbags.com/ - for all your laptop portability need :)

6. goodwill macrumors regular

i read reviews on incase at the apple stores website and it sounds like the cases do not fit snuggly on the macbook pros. many of the reviews said the sleeves bunched up easily.

http://store.apple.com/us/search?find=incase