Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danindub

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
Hi guys,

I just received my new MacBook pro 13" with retina display, and I just wanted to say that it's incredible :)

I'd like to get a sleeve for it, I remember couple of years back I had this really cool Incase sleeve for MacBook Air 13" (no zips or nothing, with a nice white soft material on the inside). I was wondering would anyone know if that would fit my new Pro (i remember it was stretchy, so I'd hope I'd get the same one for my retina pro now)

If anyone has one and could try, I'd be obliged.

Thanks,
Dan

robvas

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2009
USA
Hi guys,

I just received my new MacBook pro 13" with retina display, and I just wanted to say that it's incredible :)

I'd like to get a sleeve for it, I remember couple of years back I had this really cool Incase sleeve for MacBook Air 13" (no zips or nothing, with a nice white soft material on the inside). I was wondering would anyone know if that would fit my new Pro (i remember it was stretchy, so I'd hope I'd get the same one for my retina pro now)

If anyone has one and could try, I'd be obliged.

Thanks,
Dan
It will fit but it won't be 'snug'

The Retina is a little smaller in every direction than the Pro. It's also smaller in every direction except thickness than the Air.

That said, I have a Speck PixelSleeve for my old Air that I use with my Retina - it's a little long up top but it works pretty good. I also have an STM Jacket from my 13" Pro that I used with my Retina, it's also a little big but it still works.

Danindub

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 28, 2008
It will fit but it won't be 'snug'

The Retina is a little smaller in every direction than the Pro. It's also smaller in every direction except thickness than the Air.

Thanks, I actually went to local apple reseller, and tried the Air case on. It fits very nicely actually, I can imagine more "solid" cases not to fit well, but this stretchy-like case works great. And it's not too tight nor too loose.

Tried macbook pro case, but was waay too large.

Thanks anyway for contribution :)

robvas

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2009
USA
Thanks, I actually went to local apple reseller, and tried the Air case on. It fits very nicely actually, I can imagine more "solid" cases not to fit well, but this stretchy-like case works great. And it's not too tight nor too loose.

Tried macbook pro case, but was waay too large.

Thanks anyway for contribution :)

A lot of people think the stretchy cases fit too tight and think it's hard to get the machine in/out, so using a slightly smaller computer like the Retina helps

Fissure

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
In my opinion the Incase 13" MacBook Air Neoprene sleeve fits perfect on my 13" Retina Macbook Pro. It's a snug fit but I wouldn't say tight, more of a form fit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.