Incase Sleeve MacBook - slightly shock absorbent?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Doju, Feb 23, 2009.

1. Doju macrumors 68000

Anyone have this sleeve for the Alu MB? I know it protects it from scratches, but for a very small drop, or sitting it down somewhat hard? It's also in a bookbag usually, if that's any consolation.

Strongly considering it as a buy. Just wondering if in addition to scratch resistance, it's somewhat shock absorbent. (Nothing compared to a Speck hardcase, but for a neoprene case.)

2. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

it is pretty shock absorbent i guess, its about 1-2cm thick and pretty squishy so guess it would be.

i use one for my white macbook and also have inside the laptop compartment of my jansport bag and it fits pretty snug

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I have one of these for a 2006 MBP in pretty much the same situations you describe; in a bookbag for every day use. It provides pretty decent protection against being squished and would do well in drops of 6-12 inches, although obviously you'd want to avoid that. My only complaint is that sometimes when I'm putting the computer into the case you hear the metal-on-metal sound from the zipper itself brushing the side of the computer.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I use one for my MBP. It stays in a backpack or other carrier and so far no damage. I like it.

5. WillMak macrumors 6502a

it will protect it well from a 3 foot drop onto concrete, but it still wouldn't be advised. However, what it does provide is an oppurtunity for you to be a little bit more rough with it when putting it onto back backs, tossing it onto a bed or couch without worries.

6. EB66 macrumors 6502

it is plenty of cushion to take the edge off the drop but i guess it depends how it falls and how it lands....i love those cases though ill recommend it

7. petemwah macrumors regular

see this thread for photos of what can happen when you drop your macbook when it's in an incase sleeve...

i'd go for something a bit sturdier myself! x