Incase sleeve scratching MBP 15"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nmonti, Jul 15, 2011.

1. nmonti macrumors member

Hey Guys,

So I have a 15 inch MacBook Pro that I keep in a 15" incase neoprene sleeve. Lately I've been noticing scratches on the corners and a dent where the zippers usually sit on the outer bezel when zipped closed. Has anyone had this issue? Is it something I can take up with incase or Apple to have them possibly make right for this blatant defect in the product? Any ideas would be appreciated, it's not a huge issue, but it does bug me a bit.

2. madisonfaye macrumors regular

madisonfaye

Same exact thing happens with my 15" Incase and my brother's 13" Incase. I don't understand how such a huge flaw could be possible in a product that is supposed to be the best.

My brother took some of those felt sticky pads that go under furniture legs and cut them to the size of the zipper and applied them on the bottom of the zippers (that touch the laptop). Now theres no scratching and they've stayed on for over a year.

I still don't get why this hasn't been addressed by Incase though!

3. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

My 13" case didn't do it, but my 15" case does come close. I just lift the zipper upwards slightly while I go around the corner.