Incase Slider:1/Concrete ground:0

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mikejfrd, Jun 25, 2009.

1. mikejfrd macrumors regular

My Griffin reveal is on back order so I picked up an incase slider for a temp case until it comes in. Today at the pool I did an accidental iphone toss from the lounge chair onto the concrete ground. The phone bounced twice and landed on it's face. I was really scared to pick it up because I know someone just reported a cracked screen with the slider, but the phone was unharmed!!!

The case has two nicks in it, but the phone is fine!!!!! WEEEESHHHHOE

2. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

nice!

yeah i can second the durability of this case. its not bulky and is built like a tank.

my girl like to play kickball with her phone and the slider is all banged up, but the phone is mint with no scratches :D

3. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

You let your girl use an iPhone as a kickball???

4. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

with how many times she drops it, the phone might as well be a kickball

understand? :D

5. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

had my 2G in an incase slider and dropped it 3 times and never missed a beat.

The last drop actually put a crack in the corner of the case but not mark to the phone. They offer some great protection for sure.

6. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

I'm going to add in a +1 for my InCase Slider on the old 3G. Dropped it once on some NASTY concrete (really bumpy, stony, etc). The iPhone never missed a beat, and there were merely a couple of nicks out of the Slider.

I liked it so much that I got the new tactile Slider when I upgraded to the 3GS.

My only tiny beef w/ the old one is that it scratched the back of my 3G a couple of times. Hard to see, but I knew the scratch was there nonetheless.

Outside of that, incredible case with great chrome protection.