Incase slider and screen protectors

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by coosk8er55, Sep 21, 2010.

1. coosk8er55 macrumors newbie

Hey all.. long time viewer first time poster.
    I loved my incase slider on my 3gs and i have droped it 3 times with minor scuffs on the case and nothing at all wrong with the phone.. I used the anti glare Power Support screen shield and it was a perfect fit! .. now i have the IP4 and i thought id fill you in on what is working for me. I had the candyshell and they sent me those shieldview protectors and i said what the heck why not try it with my white slider... PERFECT FIT..not one single bubble and now dust doesnt get under the lip like it used to when i ran the slider and no screen protector.. i couldnt be happier.. only thing that might bug someone is the cutout on the front facing camera but its a tiny price to pay for no bubbles and no dust.. ive had this set up for over a week now and it works! if you digg antiglare this is a quality screen protector that is identical to the PS anti in clarity. it is exactly like my 3gs set up that i was in love with.. I just thought id share and please share what brand screen protectors works for you with the slider. :cool:

sorry bout the bad pics.. ill take better ones if you want me to

Attached Files:

2. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

Count yourself lucky that you got an InCase Slider to work with screen protectors because you're one of very few. I had a black slider which I really liked but it bubbled at least 4 or 5 different protectors that I tried. Ended up having to return the case.

3. pujols617 macrumors member

pujols617

the revamped Zagg (Front Only) works beautifully with the Slider

4. coosk8er55 thread starter macrumors newbie

i know! .. i tried the powersupport combo pack .. anti-glare and clear .. both bubbled up.. i was sad :( so i ran the slider with nothing for over two weeks and it made me nervous. when i got my replacement candyshell, which i dont use anymore because i love my slider, it came with the screen protectors and i said what the heck. i figured others would find this information helpful. Speck cut the screen protectors better around the edges than power support but when it comes to the front facing camera power support did it better...
    On a side note.. NEVER use the slider with any back protector.. it was hell trying to get it off with a back protector..

5. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

ok so which screen protector do i need to buy .. cuz the current antiglare i have bubbled

6. coosk8er55 thread starter macrumors newbie

Speckproducts.com its the Speck shieldview for the iphone 4 .. it will work with the InCase slider and it is a dry install.. it is the static cling type screen protector like the powersupport .. It was also VERY easy to install .. i installed in 5 min. and keep in mind just like the Slider/Powersupport for the 3gs .. the install has to be as close to a perfect line up as possible. It is VERY easy to do so.. i had a couple tiny bubbles on the side but i pushed the screen protector into place after i put the case on.. The screen protector slides on the screen with gentle medium force on the screen, but once in place it will not move so dont worry it wont slider around.. It gives you just enough budge to make it perfect.. I had to do the same thing with my 3gs set up. let me know if you have questions :)

7. maverick86 macrumors 6502a

I believe the Shieldview comes in a 4-pack (3 front, 1 back) on their website for $10

8. Dominat0r macrumors 6502a

Dominat0r

i almost bought the white slider at Best buy the other day. They only had 1, sat and looked at it for about 15mins before i put it back. I just didnt like the finish of it, its shiny. Would of rather a matte finish. Personal preference. Looks nice though..i had a slider on my 3G and loved it. However, i went with a Otterbox commuter for 20$ shipped on amazon. Dont get me wrong, InCase slider is a great case, however, i couldnt resist a 20$ otterbox commuter.

9. coosk8er55 thread starter macrumors newbie

you know i actually like the finish.. it is EXTREMELY scratch resistant.. nothing like the candyshell.. only scuffs i had on my 3gs one (it was white glossy as well) were from when i droped it three times :cool: cool looking finish imo .. i guess its all personal preference

10. bmwtech113 macrumors member

Where do I buy the "revamped" version of the Zagg? I went to their kiosk in the local mall and the guy there had no idea of any other version of the invisible shield for the iphone 4

11. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1017451

12. djgulia macrumors 6502

I'm having this issue now. Just bought an InCase slider today, put it on (which was tough) and now I can't get it off. I have a Power Support screen protector on the front and a cheapo ebay one on the back. I need to get it off so I can take the back protector off. If it doesn't work with the front one on, the case is going back.

13. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

Oiy, you should never install a slider style case with a shield or skin on the back.

It's going to be very hard to get off.

14. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

Wish you could buy the clear versions of these in the UK!
    Just bought and received my incase slider. It bubbles up my cheapo eBay screen shields very badly.
    I might try the SGP oleo-phobic ones and hope for the best since their available here.

15. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

I've searched this forum and looked around but I have got no definite answers.
    Apart from the Zagg (which I'm not a fan of) and the Speck (the glossy variant isn't available here in the UK)
    are there any other screen shields that work with the incase slider? I am looking for clear screen shields and not anti-glare/matte finished ones.