Incase Slider blue?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by accord08, Sep 8, 2008.

1. accord08 macrumors newbie

I'm on my 2nd Slider case in about 2 weeks. The inside of the case is rubbing the color off my iPhone. Anyone have this happen to them? This happened to my first case as well so I'm thinking of just abandoning the white case and maybe go with the black one.

Attached Files:

2. Benjic macrumors regular

I'd be more concerned with your phone then the case, its rubbing the finish off of it.

3. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

What does the back of the phone look like?
    Is it noticeable?
    :confused:

4. accord08 thread starter macrumors newbie

The phone looks ok unless you hold it under direct light. There you can see some faint streaks of where the finish was rubbed off. I wonder if this is grounds for a replacement phone?

5. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

From damage brought about from a case you chose and applied? Nope, a replacement won't happen on those grounds. It'd be the same as people demanding replacement as some dirt has got in their silicon cases and left some scratches on the phone.

Saying that I'm surprised at the tonal change on the case strips...

6. slapppy macrumors 65816

Ouch. Is it possible that heat from the iPhone caused that? Or perhaps outside temperatures where its warm can cause the rubber strips to start siphoning off the color finishes on the iPhone?

I took mine out and I don't think I want to use this case anymore if this is the case.

7. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Damn. I really didnt wanna see this. This case has received really high review. And since my crappy Belkin case has become, very loose, the slider was going to replace it. Im guessing this happens since the phone gets a lil hot sometimes or something?

8. accord08 thread starter macrumors newbie

I owned 2 of these exact cases and color was rubbed off my phone both times. I doubt it was a heat issue, I just think the case was too tight on the phone itself. For the record, I returned the case and purchased 2 different cases to try out. I bought the Power Support Air Jacket and the Speck SeeThru case. I'll post a review of whichever I decide to keep. I'm surprised this case is so crappy on the 3G, all I read about before was how good it was on the original iPhone.