Incase Slider Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by funnyboy88, Jun 29, 2009.

1. funnyboy88 macrumors regular

I got this for my 3GS. I really love the case! I have one qualm. It does not work well with screen protectors! Anyone else have this issue? As soon as I start sliding on the case, it starts lifting the screen protector and causing bubbles. And the screen protector stays on fine without the case. It's just when I use both, I run into this issue.

Anyone else use the Incase Slider Case with screen protectors? What's your secret? I don't want to take my iPhone around without a case, yet I don't want the screen to get banged up either.

2. The General macrumors 601

What screen protected are you using? I've used my Slider with a Zagg Invisible Shield on my 3G and I just installed Best Skins Ever's protector on my 3G S and the Slider fits fine.

3. Kyeris macrumors 6502

I use the Power Support screen protectors (sold in the apple store). Anti glare and crystal screen protector have worked great with the case, I just had to get them on perfect (I've wasted a few on getting it lined up correctly so it fits in the case).

4. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

I kept the slider case and got rid of the screen protector. The screen will be fine.

5. funnyboy88 thread starter macrumors regular

Interesting. I may have to try those brands out. I am using the DLO Surface Shields.

6. mstier09 macrumors regular

I actually just dealt with this today, have an incase slider gunmetal, its bad, but anyway, power support protectors work great. The trick is to apply them with the bottom of the slider on, it helps to get it centered and all that so it fits perfectly, no bubbling because of the case.

7. calvy macrumors 65816

What he said.

But I personally hated the incase slider. Everyone said it was slim and barely noticable, but it seemed too bulky to me. I am happy with my elago.

8. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

I had an incase slider on my 3G and it turned out that every time you slid it out of the case it scratches the back really bad. It really decreased the value of my iPhone on eBay. I would go with a case that goes around and locks the phone in somehow. I'm using the rebelserpent on my 3GS, and it's great.

9. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

:D RebelSerpent is the best iPhone case, in my opinion.

10. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

11. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

12. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

It really is. It fits snug around your iPhone, sliding in and out won't scratch your phone (because there is no sliding.... lol.... the best part in my opinion), the package includes everything you could possibly ask for, it covers the chrome perfectly, and it looks GREAT. What more could you ask for from a case. The incase slider really taught me a lesson though..... :-(

13. Bacong macrumors 68000

Bacong

What color did you get? I got white. Despite having a black iPhone, it still looks great, but I would have gotten the Black if it would have been in stock :<

I had an incase slider for my iPod touch. I liked it, but for 35 dollars it didn't really do much for the kind of peace of mind protection I wanted, like the Rebel Touch did. I loved the case for my touch, so when I upgraded to the iPhone it was only natural I got a RebelSerpent, and I don't regret it for one second.

14. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

I got Black and it's sweet. It got here the same day as my 3GS (the day it came out) so I got really lucky ordering. Does the rubber on ur case smell kinda funny if you smell the back of the case? Mine does... it smells almost like the rubber is melting but its not....

15. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

I have no problem and I love the incase slider. The secret is to leave the case on! Taking it on and off causes problems like scratches, screen protector issues etc.

I use the Power Support crystal clear (the best by far, and I have used them all) and I install the crystal clear after putting on the case!

That's the trick and I love it. :)

16. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

I did take it out kinda a lot..... but I did use a screen protector and had no problem with the case fitting....

17. Animalk macrumors 6502

Hi there,

Welcome to MacRumors forum! There is already a discussion going on about this case over here in the iphone accessories subforum.

Please use the search feature in the future before thinking about posting new threads. :)

This way we can have as many people as possible participating in the same discussion.

18. SqB macrumors 6502

The logo actually serves a purpose most folks don't know about. It's actually reflective so that you can use it to align a self-portrait. If you use it like a little mirror, you can line up the camera and press the shutter button and you'll probably get a pretty good picture.

However, I personally have no use for this feature and I'm with you on wishing cases didn't have the cutout for it. My otter-box rugged case actually has a special sealed window just for the stupid logo.

19. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

You know, I honestly thought long and hard about that.

But I guess my logic was, if you are going to not get a case that shows it, in hopes of protecting it, then what is the point?

Yes, your logo is protected. But why protect what you will never see anyway?

I figure IF the logo gets ruined in this case, THEN I will by a case that covers that area to hide it. :D

20. xanadeath macrumors 6502

xanadeath

When it comes right down to it I use the case I do for two reasons.

1. To protect it from any falls or horrible scratches or whatever it may be

2. I want to keep it in great condition so I can sell it at a great price and be able to upgrade to the newer iPhone when that time comes around again. This is one of the biggest things I keep in mind. A horribly scratched iPhone will go for less than an iPhone in perfect condition.

21. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

Yea, the re-sale issue is something I thought about.

But honestly, I usually don't sell my old iPhone.

I have a family plan with 5 lines and someone always seems to want my rejects.

But, if I WAS wanting a case that covers it that well, I think the Serpent is a cool looking case for sure.

22. funnyboy88 thread starter macrumors regular

Hehe, sorry, I did search though! The point of this thread was to discuss screen protectors with this case. I should have included the screen protector issue in the thread title.

23. Macman756 macrumors 6502a

Macman756

24. jbrucato macrumors member

I did the same thing. I see no need for a screen protector.