Incase slider: does it creak for you guys?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by daonesteven, Jun 9, 2009.

1. daonesteven macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

My incase slider creaks an awful lot near where the 2 pieces come together. Even when i'm just holding it with one hand, the slight pressure I apply to both sides of this location makes these creaking sounds. Should I be complaining to incase about this?

2. dotLK macrumors newbie

I actually have two Incase Sliders, the glossy white and matte black and I do not have this issue with either one.

Probably a manufacture defect, but wouldn't hurt to give them a call and see what then can do for you.

3. V4705 macrumors 6502

i have this issue with other slider case (not incase's).
    if i had a warranty, i was definitely use it, i'm sure its not okay.

4. Jazzandmetal? macrumors regular

Mine does. I can't imagine any case being perfect. This is probably just something that happens from time to time.

5. PCboarder macrumors member

Yes my new white incase slider does creak like that. my old orange incase slider does not tho hmmmm

6. gibbz macrumors 68030

new black one giving me same issue you describe

7. = bluntman = macrumors regular

I have a gun metal slider on my 16GB 3GS...no problems, no creaking.

8. kicko macrumors 65816

Mine new black one did that. I easily fixed it with a real tiny piece of scotch tape. On mine it creeked more on one side then the other, I took a tiny piece of tape (thin as possible) and just put it on the edge that rubs. i only did this on the right side (if case facing you)

The only way i describe it is the edge of the bottom piece that rubs up against the inside where the case covers the bezel. I can upload a pic later if you like. Since adding the tiny piece of tape it no longers creeks and is nice and solid. I'm pretty happy with it.

9. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

Neither of mine creaked that I can remember. If they did, it wasn't noticeable.

10. bbydon macrumors 6502a

My white one creaks.... maybe because they made them slightly bigger so it wouldnt be as tight of a fit.
    My iphone has the rattle too.... from the volume button. Im just used to it

11. jsimpson macrumors regular

jsimpson

Yeah mine creaks slightly too. I may call them and see if they will swap it out but if they don't it isn't the end of the world.

12. kicko macrumors 65816

i thought of that but they all will probably be the same. I'm telling you tiny piece of tape = fixed.

13. serialtoon macrumors 6502a

serialtoon

It doesnt creak for me, but the bottom half that slides on started to fall off my iPhone, so i bought the Black/Grey speck and i love it, but it adds a bit of bulk, so im back to naked.

14. jsimpson macrumors regular

jsimpson

15. kicko macrumors 65816

I can try and take a pic but i'm not sure how well it will come out. Try taking the phone out of the case and press the sides where it creaks. You should be able to see where it makes the contact.