Incase slider equivalent?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DashSatan, Jun 15, 2011.

1. DashSatan macrumors 6502

Is there any case out there that's the equivalent to the incase slider but doesn't peel up screen protectors? I love the simple sleek look of the case but I need a protector. I'm honestly thinking about just buying it and sanding down the edges so it doesn't peel up.

2. oakie macrumors 6502

oakie

the elementcase formula is the only one i know of whose lip doesnt cover the edges of the screen.

and if you sand down the lip on the incase slider, your phone wont stay in the case. their lip is designed to hold the phone in the case so it wont fall out if you hold it face down. the elementcase formula however, uses the steel band to retain the phone inside the case.

3. mms13 macrumors 6502

I've used Incase Sliders since my iPhone 3G...it's by far my favorite case out of all I've seen. Why do you need a screen protector? I know the Incase Snap won't bubble your protector, but you don't get as much coverage.

4. Mark98xlt macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Try the incase slider pro at best buy, I have the white one and it actually didn't peel up my screen protector to my surprise like the original slider did on my iPhone 4

5. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

6. DashSatan thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm using one of the screen protectors Verizon gave me and it doesn't really reach the edges of my phone kind of stays center. That means it won't really bubble up right?

7. Mark98xlt macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Might might not

8. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

9. DashSatan thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay so just for the hell of it I bought the slider case. I love it but it did bubble up a bit in the corner. Now my question is will that bubble get bigger over time or will it just stay the size it is? Cause it's not too bad I can deal with it if it doesn't get bigger.

10. kicko macrumors 65816

probably stay the same as long as more pressure doesnt lift it more or dirt doesnt get underneath it. My guess is it will be ok.

I tried my slider yesterday again and it lifted 3 out of 4 corners and the protector is very well centered.

11. Milord macrumors newbie

Is it true that silder cases could shatter the back glass if dust gets stuck between the iPhone and the case? A few months ago there was some drama about that but now I can't find anything about that "issue"!

12. TheXFactor macrumors regular

I just bought and returned the poly casecrown slider. Really liked it, except one issue. I bought the matte black slider. After exactly one week of the purchase, I noticed on all four corners the matte finish was wearing away, showing below was the shiny undercoat.

I bought the metallic glider for the other iPhone in the family and that one is just fine.