Incase Slider for iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by THE JUICEMAN, Sep 21, 2008.

1. THE JUICEMAN macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

i am really debating on getting the incase slider as im sure a lot of people here on these forums are. i have 2 problems. one is that i am worried about drops with this case. will it protect my iPhone? two is which color?? i have heard the black matte is defective, is this true? and the white looks very nice but im worried if it is unprofessional and also i hear there are a new line of colors coming out soon. ? if anybody has any insight or pictures that would help with these questions that would be greatly appreciated.

2. KC2 macrumors regular

Drops I don't believe the case is designed to protect against drops. The case itself is only millimeters thick. It's more of a surface protector than impact. It may protect your phone from being nicked and scratched when you drop it, but probably not shock.

Color is all personal preference. I can't speak for the alleged black matte defect (I don't have one). I have white - I don't really think it's 'unprofessional.' I'd say go down to your local Apple store and just check them out - figure out what catches your eye. You're right about the new colors. There's a very brief thread here - doesn't cover much though: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=566836

As for pictures, they're pretty much freely available on the web. One example: http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=incase+slider&m=text

If you need any more pictures of the white, let me know and I'll see what I can do for later today.

3. THE JUICEMAN thread starter macrumors 68000

THE JUICEMAN

thanks for a great response to my questions. If is very helpful

4. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

It does take a good drop to break it, though, so it'll provide some decent protection. If you're looking for good drop protection, go with a silicone case.

5. Speedracer04 macrumors 6502a

Speedracer04

I had heard that the black ones were defective as well (matte coating peeling off) but I got one anyway. Ive had it over a month with nothing wrong so far. I think the issue must have been fixed

6. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I just bought a white one today. I have a black phone. I had a Capsule Rebel on it. Great case but not quite my style. Huge target for the Rebel, just not me. Anyway...this white Slider is beautiful. Elegant, retro, yet modern. Simple. I LOVE this case. It adds to the beauty of the phone. No problem with fit at all. Perfect. I was using the Rebel for awhile because i felt my phone was really protected. This case comes pretty close to the protection of the Rebel. It's thick yet it doesn't feel or look it once it's on the phone.

7. reliantj macrumors 6502

i bought one for my mom at best buy for $12 in white.

she likes it.

8. KC2 macrumors regular

$12?! For the slider?!

9. reliantj macrumors 6502

i'm a best buy employee.

oh and the invisible shield for $4.71.

10. KC2 macrumors regular

Damn, that's a hell of a discount on the slider. Well done :)

11. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

That's some discount. I just paid $37 with tax at Best Buy. I looked at the cases that are in in those mall islands. Those little cell phone accessory shops. I almost gave in to a piece of crap. These people push their crap on you. I tried like 5 different cases at these places. CRAP. $35 is a lot for a piece of plastic but when it is seamless and smooth, and designed well, it becomes money well spent.

12. lasteve macrumors member

I have a white Slider for $20 and a black one too, both $20 bucks each. if anybody interested send me a message here or at lasteve23@yahoo.com. Willing to trade for a white neo too.