Incase slider or.....

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jayrezzy, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Jayrezzy macrumors newbie

Right now Ive got the Switcheasy cabsule rebel on my iphone 3g and ive been looking at the Incase slider. question is does the slider have good drop rate protection?

2. rgt168 macrumors newbie

I dropped my phone from my lap while getting out of the car and the Rebel protected it well. I have used the Slider and the iskin solo too which seem to offer good protection. The solo is a softer material and might be better shock protection but the Rebel did its job so it is staying on the iphone for the time being.

3. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Slider, much less of a pain to install, and much less of a pain to take off if you need to clean it up.

4. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

It's a solid case, my girlfriend has dropped hers many times and there is a small crack in the case now, but seeing as she's dropped it 3-4 times from decent height, its a pretty solid case.

5. slapppy macrumors 65816

6. mademan118 macrumors regular

This is incorrect. Just make sure you clean the inside of the case and your iPhone off. I have 2 cracks in mine, only after dropping them steep heights. Case has held up well.

I have the Gun-Metal one btw, its pretty slick.

7. slapppy macrumors 65816

Sorry but it will. I cleaned mine every couple of weeks. Started to see bezel damage. Sliding the bottom out frequently scratches it too.

Get the NEO. if you want no scratches on the bezel.

8. automatickyle macrumors regular

Every couple of weeks? No wonder the dirt was able to get in there and scratch it. The incase slider is a great case, but you should clean the iphone and the case every week.

9. Kwats macrumors member

Yes the incase slider works fine and there really isnt an issue with drop protection but the capsule rebel is better than the incase slider.

10. gospel9 macrumors regular

I disagree with the Neo although it offers slightly better protection for the screen. The incase slider in my opinion does a solid job (probably no different than both the Rebel and Neos (I own both and the slider)), and having used all 3 cases I am leaning more towards the slider for the build quality.

And it does feel less bulkier and lighter too as a bonus. You'll feel the difference really quickly if you tend to use your phone for longer sessions, such as play a game of Monopoly or playing on Guitarist/Pocket Guitar.

11. zigzag801 macrumors member

I had this same question too, my dad has the incase and my gf has the rebel and they seem to both do there jobs very nicely. But now I'm torn on which one I want. I like the different color schemes of the rebel, so I'm leaning more towards that now. From reading this thread though it seems like they both do there thing, it's more on personal preference. If anyone has anything they don't like about the rebel case please tell me. O and I have found that the incase slider was very slippery and the rebel has some grip on it.