Incase slider power 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hchavarria, Jul 12, 2009.

1. hchavarria macrumors 6502

Has anyone tried the incase slider power with the 3GS and does it work? I wanted to buy one for my 3GS but the package says it's for the 3G.

2. iJules macrumors member

I LOVE this case, but I have found that if you are in an area with less than complete 3G coverage, you will not have any reception. It's frustrating. I've read reports that the older model number (EC20003) doesn't have this issue, but I am not able to verify it.

It's made nice, works well as recharging, but the reception thing is uber frustrating.

3. hchavarria thread starter macrumors 6502

What about as a case is it real bulky does it charge with the iPhone charger? Does it do a good job protecting the phone?

4. iJules macrumors member

It's about the same protection as a regular incase slider. It adds about 3/4" to the back of the phone but it's tapered nicely and fits well. It adds a few ounces to the phone, but I found for texting/mailing in landscape mode, the extra length on the bottom fits more nicely in my hand.

5. N16K macrumors newbie

6. hchavarria thread starter macrumors 6502

Any clue what the difference will be?

7. hchavarria thread starter macrumors 6502

Does it scrath the phone and should I put an invisible shield before the slider?

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

According to Incase's tweets, there is a new announcement regarding this coming soon.

9. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

Sweet! Can't wait to see what's coming! The Mophie Air and the Power Slider are two cases I've been watching for sometime now, any improvements will be great!

10. hchavarria thread starter macrumors 6502

I bit the bullet and bought one today from best buy. I also bought an invisible shield so I am hoping it will fit the slider because other incase products have scratched phones.

Can this eventually harm the iPhone battery?

11. astudentis macrumors regular

i am pretty sure it has been mentioned that the slider does not fit with the back IS on.