Incase Slider Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Martron, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Martron macrumors regular

So this is my first iPhone and got an Incase Slider from Amazon, thru a 3rd party altho fulfilled by Amazon. I'm thinking it may be fake because it was stated as New but is missing the stand, but also the bottom half doesn't really "lock in." When I put my headphones in, it pushed the iphone down and separates the two halves. Is this normal or indicative that this could be a knock off?

2. yrrej macrumors regular

this actually happened to me for the "blue depth" color incase slider from best buy. it was authentic but it just wouldn't fit right in any of my iphones (i had 3 different ones to test) i also went through about 4 different sliders and they all fit perfectly except for the blue one. i took it back and exchanged it 3 different times and they were all poor fitting.

so to answer your question it could still be real even if it doesn't fit correctly. is the incase logo engraved on the bottom left corner?

what i did to make it fit more snug was put half a business card between the phone and the case when sliding it in. this made the bottom half slide in really snug. good luck.

3. Martron thread starter macrumors regular

It does have the incase logo, but the markings on the rubber strip don't match my friends. I have a bottom rubber strip that has "MADE IN CHINA," he doesn't have a bottom rubber strip at all.