Incase Slider question...

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by murc585, Mar 24, 2008.

1. murc585 macrumors regular

Does it come with a protective film and if so is it matte or glossy?

2. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

No protective file.

The case itself is glossy, I have the white one.

3. DaveWonders macrumors regular

To piggyback on his question, has anyone used an Invisible Shield with a slider? I just got my slider and the IS is in the mail. It's so tight on the edge of the phone I worry any added height from a shield won't work. Thanks.

4. murc585 thread starter macrumors regular

thats disappointing, so there is no screen protection eh. Does anyone know of any other hard cases that include screen protection?

5. thatdude90210 macrumors member

The Slider is skin tight, there's no way to fit any additional layer inside. Just trying would probably be a frustrating experience.

Either go with a Contour showcase, or just add a screen protector (like the one they sell at the apple store) like everyone else.

6. DaveWonders macrumors regular

Yea I'm just using the screen protector part, not the back piece. Just wondering if the IS overlaps at all or if it's a perfect fit with the slider.

7. DaveWonders macrumors regular

Got my invisible shield in the mail today... Application was a breeze. I had previously tried to use the crystal films sold in the Apple store but ruined both trying to apply them! The IS went on smoothly and fits perfectly with the Incase Slider. Together the 2 make a perfect case. I definitely recommend the set up to anyone.

8. essay2u macrumors newbie

9. thatdude90210 macrumors member

Heh, I ruined my first Crystal film too, and the second one didn't go on that great either. It wasn't straight, and I got some finger skin oil on one edge.

When I switched to the anti-glare film, I was ready. I steamed up the bathroom (supposedly minimize dust in the air), put a cardboard over the sink, washed my hands really well, and had tweezers (just in case). Plus I knew how they are supposed to lined up from experience with the Crystal film. It came out almost perfect, just a microscopic dust where I can see a slight dark spot when I look close while the screen is bright white. I'm almost compulsive enough to give the last antiglare film a go, but I just know it'll come out worst.

10. DaveWonders macrumors regular

That's nuts! We should not have to jump through such hoops for something like that! I don't work for Invisible Shield or anything...and I know that in other threads people have recommended other brands based on price...but I have to say that the price of the shield is well worth it. It comes with this application lube that you spray on both sides and your hands so that there is some wiggle room when you put it on. It also comes with a little squeegee and it gets ALL the bubbles out. Plus a lifetime warranty....I'm very very impressed between the complete opposite experiences I've had from the terrible crystal films and the seemingly amazing Invisible Shield.

Another note on the slider case is that it seems very very prone to pick up lint/dust from being in my pocket. Anyone else having that issue?

11. heyp macrumors 6502

does the invisible shield protect the chrome well? anybody have any pics they can share?

12. murc585 thread starter macrumors regular

i don;t think it does. like other users say, the invisibleshield + a good case (incase slider) should be the idea combination for the iphone, i jsut ordered the invisibleshield yesterday for 7.47. not a bad price at all.

13. DaveWonders macrumors regular

heyp - the front cover is like most plastic shields, it only covers what's inside the chrome bezel, but not the bezel its self. Now there is an optional back piece but i'm not sure how it comes around to the front.

14. heyp macrumors 6502

oh, i had thought mistakenly that you had managed to squeeze an iphone with a full shield into the slider, but you're only using the front

15. iTouch macrumors 6502

The full body IS covers the entire except the speaker portion. The front and back are two big pieces but there are optional pieces for the bezel and tear drop pieces to cover the small edges of the phone.

16. Michael7k macrumors member

Received mine a week ago and I have really enjoyed it. It's fit's very snug inside the two pieces. Seems to add a little peace of find rather than using the naked iphone. I tried sliding it inside the incase for a while yet it's a little too snug.

Great case and the black does look sharp
    Michael

17. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

The Switcheasy capsule should be able to hold the iphone with the screen protection on.

The case comes with a clear screen protector that doesn't work very well so you can use your own screen protector with the capsule without issue.

www.switcheasy.com