incase slider - recommended

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Artsy, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Artsy macrumors newbie

I'm a new iPhone user, bought it last Friday.

I must say incase slider is far the best looking and great case. It does not scratch the back of the iPhone (maybe minor if you look very close). However it is not easy to open the slider, yes it is tight and may causes screen protector bubbles unless its perfectly aligned.

Don't trust the forum reviews about the incase slider scratches the back!!!! They properly can't be bothered to cleaning dust, doing fast open/close slider or straight put a case.

WHAT I DO:
    - SLOWLY OPEN/CLOSE SLIDER
    - CLEAN WEEKLY OR DAILY (with micro-fiber cloth)
    - NEW IPHONE: CLEAN CASE AND IPHONE BEFORE PUT IT IN A CASE

TAKE CARE OF :apple:

2. calvy macrumors 65816

Opinions are like *******s. Everyone has one.

I personally did not like the slider based on the bulk it added to my iPhone. Didn't even give it a chance to collect dirt and scratch my iPhone. I'm using an Incipio Feather now and am happy.

3. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Yep everyone has their own opinion, i think the sliders dont add much bulk.

4. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

When they finally come back out with a blue one, I'll get another slider.

5. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Just to let you know they will scratch your iphone.

6. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Hmm it did not scratch my 3gs in the back or on the chrome and i use a few slider too, HOWEVER now that i remember i had the slider for my iPhone 1G and it only scratched the bottom dock chrome. It also cracked at the bottom part of the plastic and became useless..

I really love the newer sliders for the 3g/s they are made well, but they are expensive. its impossible to get them for non retail prices so far..

7. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

8. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I wouldn't buy from that company

9. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    I have an ultra slim case on my iPhone called the Otterbox Defender!! :D

10. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

for what reason?

11. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I would like not to get into it here.. But it is not from my own experience

12. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I'd like to hear this, they have been a good company to deal with in my opinion.

13. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

oh yes of course you, well in september they said every case you buy part of the money will be donated to the NYFD on 9/11, a lot of people and reviewers bought cases just to help raise money and on the last day they said the are going to cancel the fund raiser type deal.. some people got their money back and did not get the cases the have bought.. Some reviewer who works in the NYPD has bought 3 cases and got mad because of that, later on the twitted that if he wants to help he can write a check himself..

Not cool from a company.. plus i dont think their rip off incase sliders are better.. i will not support them even if they pay me..

14. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Can I have a link to this, that's awful. I like their cases.

15. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

16. wingnut8 macrumors 65816

wingnut8

Well the only reason I bought one was because I wanted a red slider.

17. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Thats fine no one is telling you what to do

18. bcs732 macrumors member

I have both the rebel scholar and incase slider. I prefer the incase slider. The workmanship is better. The holes for ports, buttons, etc are lined up or rounded much better for the incase over rebel scholar. Moreover, the bottom part of the case does not easily slip out when taking in and out of the pocket. Lastly, the rubber guardrails for my rebel scholar started peeling off after a few uses. (I put it back together using a drop of superglue though.)

The designs of the rebel scholars are nice but the better quality of the incase trumps it.

19. pittpanthersfan macrumors 6502

pittpanthersfan

20. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

Used a white incase slider for over a year and no scratches on my phone....I'm trying new cases now and can already see myself going back to my incase slider

21. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Looks nice but why add the coveroo logo too?

22. pittpanthersfan macrumors 6502

pittpanthersfan

It's there by default. Oh well. There would just be an FCC logo there otherwise.

23. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

I'm never Going back to a slider by incase. I have had about 3 of them and each one scratched my bezel and plastic on the back. I also used them for a whole each too.
    Sliders in my opinion should only be trusted if there are silicon bumpers on th inner part of the case like my ecoshield agent 18 case.

24. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I must say the Incase is one of the best I have seen because it doesn't add much bulk to the iPhone, however I can say it does work well, I dropped my phone while getting into my Truck, it hit the door sill then bounced on the asphalt and did not even scratch the case.

I use the Incase slider during the week for work, but on weekends when I am a little harder on my equipment, I use the SwitchEasy follow the link, this is the exact one I purchased the Capsule Rebel in Black/White looks like a Skeleton, it is really cool and it also covers the Volume and On/Off switch very well.:D

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/Rebel/Rebel.php?color=skeleton

25. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

Re: Scratched Logos

Easy fix for the scratched logos. Well, not so much a fix, more like insurance: Scotch Tape. I don't know what they look like when taken off, but I put tape (plus a section taped onto itself for easy removal) over my :apple: logo as well as "iPhone" on the back of my 3GS.

Idk why I did it, just boredom I guess. Might help resale value, might not. And I always have my PS Air Jacket on it, so it's not like I look like a moron while talking on it.