Incase Slider - Should I get it?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JayXL14, Jul 27, 2009.

1. JayXL14 macrumors member

I hear lots of different things about the incase Slider, so once and for all, should I get it?

I hear that it scratches the back, which may be a problem for me. However, I hear this only happens to people who don't remove the dust and stuff before putting it on. I also hear scratches appear on the bezel, which I don't like at all.

From others, I hear that the case is awesome and offers great protection without damaging their iPhones in any way.

What's the deal? If I am careful (which I am), will I have any problems with this case? I know I have to remove my Bodyguardz, which annoys me, but if I'm sure that it won't damage my iPhone, I'd be willing to do it.

Basically, does it offer good protection and does it do any damage to the phone itself? Thanks, I really like this site btw (fairly new)

2. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

Get it ..one the best cases out there !! I have around 6 different cases and the slider is the only one I use

3. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

I had it before, even though it was very thing and gave protection I would not recommend it. It scratches the back way too much and it's not worth it.

If you want good protection and no scratches then get something else like a Speck Candyshell or something like that.

4. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

The speck candyshell is PIA to take off and does not give as good as of a protection as the slider

5. Davoo macrumors member

I'd say no. I had one on my 3g and it scratched the crap out of the bezel. Although, every case I've had seems to cause scratches except the candyshell. The problem with the candyshell is that it looks like sh*t after a couple of weeks and the colors are awful (though they have new colors out now). Have you considered something like the Sena Ultraslim? I have it and think its great. I forgot how nice the iPhone is without a fulltime case on it.

6. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

Get the ifrogz luxe. My mom, dad, and I got 3 of them ($12 each on buy.com or amazon) for the price of one slider. Comes in many colors, is stylish, doesn't scratch like the slider, and still offers great protection. Have had it on for 2 straight weels and plan to keep t till iPhone 4G.

7. Mjmar macrumors 65816

If you're getting it because you want to dock it I wouldn't recommend it since the bottom doesn't come off right... I've tried 3, and the top came off easier than the bottom on all of them. However, the case feels great and is very protective. Also, it hasn't scratched my phone yet and I've had it for a few weeks now. If you don't regularly remove your cases I recommend it.

8. jaikob macrumors 6502

jaikob

I just switched from an incase slider. I owned the matte black which i purchased with my new 3GS. I never took the case off or dock connector off. Infact I placed a piece of special plastic on the inside of the case to avoid hairline scratches. Because the paint was chipping, I bough a rebel serpent.

I took my slider off carefully, and got a small scratch on the left side just below my bezel. Easily curable via iDrops, but it still scratched non the less.

9. army91c macrumors 6502a

I hear all these scratch stories with IC slider... I've had it for a month or so now and have yet to see a scratch r/t the case. Bezel is as nice as the day I put it in the slider. Guess I'm either a case ninja or some others are case tards.

10. BigBearAZ macrumors newbie

I'd say go for it! I can't comment on the scratching as I haven't taken mine off since I've put it on. I put it on at the Apple store right after I got the phone; The case fits snug and gives pretty good overall protection. I'm sure there are better and worse cases out there but I'm really happy with mine. I got the gunmetal one but the cooper one also caught my eye.

11. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't take the chance of bezel scratches personally...

12. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Same here. I've had mine on for over a month and not a single mark on it. I think the secret to my success is taking the case off every 2-3 days to wipe it down and get all the dust/dirt out of it and then putting it back on. That way I never let too much buildup back there. I think the slider is the best looking case and offers the most protection. If you can spare 30 seconds every 2-3 days then this is the case for you.

13. SuperKat macrumors regular

It's Nice

I do the same thing Steve up there does...Every few days take it totally out and clean it up. A few scratches on the chrome but nothing on the back. It was hard to get off at first but no problems now.
    I've been through a lot of cases and this one seems to be the one I like best.

14. JayXL14 thread starter macrumors member

I love the Slider's design and concept, but I really do not want any scratches on the back or bezel..

I've sent some suggestions to RebelScholar to make a skin-compatible slider and if they don't, then I might just go with a Switcheasy Colors until a better hard case pops up.

15. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

I've had a slider on my 2G Touch since the day I bought the Touch. Both were pristinely clean when I pout the case on and I can't see any reason there would be any scratches.

Am I right in stating, don't take the case off and you won't have any scratches?

That said, the slider (bronze) for my 6 day old iPhone is in the mail now.

I looked at the iFrogz. Almost went with it but I knew I'd like the slider better.

I'd like to see an Otterbox with my own two eyes.

Mike