Incase Slider vs Innocase II vs EcoShield (high quality pics)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by map1978, Jun 20, 2009.

1. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Well today my high anticipated Charcoal Incase Slider came in the mail. I've never seen a live pic of it on the net, so I was really curious to check it out. Now that I got it today, LOVE THE COLOR....

Well it doesn't close tightly like it did on my 3G though
    [​IMG]

But I contacted Incase, so hopefully they can send me another. Maybe it's a defect? Didn't happen with my metallic red slider that I used on the 3G version.

I'll update this thread when I hear from Incase.

Anyways, here are a few pics comparing look, color, and size. These 3 are in my Top 5 favorite cases made for the iPhone 3G/3G S. If Incase can send me a case that fits, it will be my full time case for sure.

Enjoy the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

thanks man

yeah now i'm looking for an orange slider type iphone case to go with the MBP

the other color cases 2 tone the MBP case great in the meantime :D

3. bcs732 macrumors member

Hey Map1978, how come you bought the slider for your 3G S? I thought you liked the innocase so much.

BTW, how's the fit of the innocase on the 3G S? Is the innocase so much slimmer than the slider? It doesn't like slimmer in the picture above though i've seen/read from reviews that it is.

I'm planning to get the 32GB black iphone 3G S really soon. My first choice of case is the black innocase. Second choice is the slider. Unlike you though, i don't plan to get a lot of cases so will decide based on slimness and coolness factor.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

Nice

I am seriously thinking the Seidio with the holster love to here your thought if any I do know I want a holster type setup everytime I get ready to buy I see another. I want good protection, but thin not little the Otter box lol and personly I love a clear back but doubt I will find that.

5. bajaracing macrumors member

i went with the drk blue Seidio, and like it alot. fits nice & snug. I reccommend leaving the clear backing on around the apple so it doesn't get scratched up...

6. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

hey there, the innocase fits fine on the 3G S. nice tight fit. the innocase is a tad slimmer than the incase slider and believe you can feel the difference in your hand.

you can't go wrong with either or IMO. hopefully incase has great customer service and agrees so replace my faulty slider.

let me know what you decide on :D

7. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

good point. i slapped on a little square i cut out for the back (extra screen protector from a case)

this will keep it in perfect condition

8. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

Just a FyI

I contacted Seidio and told them I could get the case and holster $10 cheeper at Amazon but I was wishing I could get it from them and hoping there was a discount, just figured I ask I also through in I know several people thinking of going that way here. Fingers crossed!

10. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

funny because i bought mine from Amazon for cheaper haha

seidio usually has top notch customer service IMO

11. labman macrumors 604

labman

No I am saying Amazon is cheaper

I just thought I try seidio too see if they might come up with a way to match, or come closer. I figured no harm no foul.

12. eron macrumors 6502

Just to let you know, your Seidio might be fake. Check out youtube on fake innocase.

13. bcs732 macrumors member

Yeah, i saw that video in youtube too. Just search it there. The real innocase should have "IPH3G". All capital letters. I bought the same fake innocase from ebayer "htoco" from Hong Kong. He did give me a refund when I discovered the item he sold was fake.

14. army91c macrumors 6502a

I've always gone naked with just a BG or IS on.... I broke down and picked up an Incase slider and even though I'd rather have it naked I am very pleased with it.

15. LightSpeed1 macrumors 6502a

LightSpeed1

I use the Incase slider with the Seidio Holster works fantastic for me. Although i am thinking of going naked and using a clear coat. The case is great but after a while it has the big feeling, but the phone is actually quite small.

16. bcs732 macrumors member

Wow, didn't know the incase slider fits the seidio holster. I thought the seidio was suppose to be a lot thinner than the slider. Why didn't u use the seidio innocase instead?

Doesn't the iphone face hit the top clip that fastens the phone to the holster?

17. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

18. LightSpeed1 macrumors 6502a

LightSpeed1

Here are a couple of pics.

Attached Files:

19. LightSpeed1 macrumors 6502a

LightSpeed1

I purchased the Incase slider first. Then i realized i wanted a holster, so i though i would give the Seidio a try and it worked well.

20. bcs732 macrumors member

Great idea and great picts! Thanks. I'll get the holster for the Seidio too for my incase slider.

21. LightSpeed1 macrumors 6502a

LightSpeed1

22. bowlby87 macrumors member

bowlby87

Ordered a Charcoal Slider myself for my 3GS just hope it fits properly :/ currently using the Metallic Silver and that fits perfect :)

23. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

I've had 2 charcoal sliders and both didn't close tightly. Check my pic from the original post. I bought the brand new sliders just released and they fit perfect.

24. Armena macrumors newbie

Newby needs advise and suggestions.

So I should order the Innocase Holseter for the cased iphone right?
    I got the incase black slider and I love it so far, I just need a way to carry it on my hip at work, when I'm off my pocket is fine. I may get the innocase holster and case but I already spent the $34 on the incase. I had one before on my storm and curve the only thing im scared of is that the innocase scratched the bezel a little but I don't know if that occurs on the iphone. Ive only had it 4 days so any advise or clarification anyone can give me would be truly appreciated from anyone. Let me know.