Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JTK1973

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 29, 2010
Can anyone speak to the quality of one over the other? I've used the slider for previous iPhones, but am considering something new for the 5.
Thanks!

trlyka

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2011
Can anyone speak to the quality of one over the other? I've used the slider for previous iPhones, but am considering something new for the 5.
Thanks!

I just got the slider and it's my first time using it. I don't have any experience with the Seidio, but it looks nice. The slider is nice and slim and I like open access to the buttons, but looks like it may show a lot of finger prints/smudges. All I know is that I cannot for the life of me get the slider off my phone. Then I was reading complaints about how hard it was to remove :roll eyes:

When I was first putting it on, I noticed it may of had small scratches on the inside part of the case. So I am wondering if it was returned for a similar issue. I don't take my case off that often, but damn, it's really hard to budge it. I am tired, so maybe I'll try again in the morning, but I can say that I may return it just because it seems like Fort Knox once you put it on.

darster

Suspended
Aug 25, 2011
The incase was the first case I got. Does show smudges, but what bothered me was the little rubber bump on the inside of the case that the back of the iphone slides over. It leave a scuff on back of phone. Not a permanent scuff, but a scuff as if your took an eraser on a pencil and rubbed on back of phone. You can wipe it off, but takes a little effort.

SheepNutz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2007
Kantuckee
The incase was the first case I got. Does show smudges, but what bothered me was the little rubber bump on the inside of the case that the back of the iphone slides over. It leave a scuff on back of phone. Not a permanent scuff, but a scuff as if your took an eraser on a pencil and rubbed on back of phone. You can wipe it off, but takes a little effort.

Yeah, I'm having that problem with the slider too. I used a Zeiss glass cleaning cloth to clean my phone the other day, and I had to scrub the hell out of the back to get that smudge off. I have literally used Incase Sliders with every generation of iPhone, and this is the first time I've had this problem. It would show up a little on the 3G and 3GS, but wiped away easily. The only other issue I have with the slider for the iPhone 5 is that the hole for the camera and flash is HUGE! It's way bigger than it needs to be. It looks ugly and leaves too much of both the glass and aluminum parts exposed.

Koebot

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2012
I just picked up the Incase Slider in gloss white. The fit is very good despite some other reviews I've read. The biggest downside to me is that it is very smooth/slippery. I feel that I'm more at risk for dropping the phone. I may just scuff it with some 3000 grit to give it a satin finish. The large camera hole doesn't bother me. It's about the same size as most of the other cases due to Apple's flash recommendations.

Lucky736

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2004
US
The Incase one for the 4/4S left marks on the aluminum bands on the side. Was also curious about pics after it has been removed to see if this does the same. Have stayed with TPU cases since.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.