Incase Slider: Where to buy? (White)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by MVallee, Apr 24, 2008.

1. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

Ok I want to get a new case. I have a Belkin Leather Folio now and hate it. Takes away from the look, and its makes the iPod harder to use.

I think the incase slider is the nicest one. I was thinking about getting white but Apple store only lists black and Incase doesn't ship to Canada.

Anyone know where I can get one? Preferably in a brick and mortar store. I want to get it quickly so I can return the folio case before the time is up.

2. kpritcha13 macrumors member

US Apple store has white

The US Apple store has it in white. Maybe it will appear on the Canada store shortly?

Incase Slider (white)

3. MVallee thread starter macrumors 6502a

MVallee

Thats so weird. When you do a search for "Incase Slider" the white one doesn't show up. Only the white for iPhone.

Can I buy from the US store when I'm in Canada?

4. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I bought my white one from the Apple Online Store.

5. Drucifer macrumors regular

Wow, I never heard of this case before. Just decided to order one and my Invisible Shield should be here soon as well.

BTW, I'm in Canada and I was able to order one from the Apple site.

6. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

You won't be disappointed

7. Drucifer macrumors regular

I was going to order the Black one because I thought it might be a little more stylish and it might go better with the Touch but then I thought finger prints might show really bad like my old fat PSP system that was also black.

I ended up ordering white in favor or not looking dirty with finger prints. I think the black would look much better if it were not for the finger prints.

8. MVallee thread starter macrumors 6502a

MVallee

The white Slider is nowhere to be found on the Apple Canada website. I searched for it and even browsed all the cases. Can't find it.

I called Apple and asked them and they told me it only came in black. I know it doesn't, but I took this as a sign that they don't carry the white one.

I went to the Apple store and got the black one. It works and looks great. I love it. However finger prints happen ALOT on it. That why I wanted the white in the first place.

If anyone found slider on the Canadian Apple site, post the link. I cannot find it at all.

9. Drucifer macrumors regular

If you are in Canada don't bother trying to order the White one.

I managed to get an order in somehow but it was canceled shortly after. I called Apple and it turns out they were just as confused as I was able the White InCase not being available for Canada.

After a bit of time investigating the issue he came back and explained that they had a different warehouse to supply Canada and the product was not available at that specific warehouse and that is why the White case is not available for Canada.

I live very close to the US boarder so I think I will call back and see if I can put an order through on the US site or over the phone using a Canadian billing address and have it shipped to a location on the other side of the boarder in the US then I will just drive over and pick it up. :p

Not sure they will do this though as my billing is a Canadian address. If they don't the only other option at this time if you must have a white case is ebay and then you pay crazy shipping for them.

10. Drucifer macrumors regular

Well they won't accept a Canadian billing address either so I'm out of luck.

I always hear good things about Apples customer service but I must admit when I was speaking with them over the phone even though I got through pretty fast, they weren't the least bit empathetic.

Oh well, no case for me. Got to start looking for alternatives.

11. MVallee thread starter macrumors 6502a

MVallee

Just to update. Apple Store in Yorkdale now has the white slider.

I told them one of their employees had informed me that the white was not available in Canada and now I'm stuck with a black case and they offered to exchange it even if its past the return date. Providing I have the box and the receipt (which I do).

So I guess Canada was just slow to get the cases. I'm going to bring it back and exchange it this weekend.