Incase slider with screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by latintrpt, Nov 9, 2008.

1. latintrpt macrumors member

I have an incase slider for my iPhone 3g and i was wondering which screen protector works best with it, i know people have bought screen protectors that develop bubbles with this particular case.

2. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

I've had no trouble with the Power Support screen protectors sold at the Apple Stores or Brando screen protectors with my Slider.

3. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

4. mocciat macrumors member

mocciat

5. jsimpson macrumors regular

jsimpson

I use the Power Support Anti Glare and found if you install it after you put the slider case on it helps you get it lined up better and keeps the risk of edge bubbling down.

6. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

I too am searching for a screen protector to go with my Incase slider. While I have not yet found one that will work (but I appreciate the advice in this thread), I can tell you NOT to buy the Case-Mate protectors from AT&T. They are too big all the way around and will bubble at the top, sides and bottom.

7. nimda0 macrumors 6502

nimda0

I have an iphone 3g, with a power support anti-glare screen protector and an incase slider case.

The power support screen protectors fit PERFECTLY.

I mean, seriously... perfectly. There is absolutely no gap around the screen, or in between the case and the screen line. However, the tight fit makes it very difficult to put on accurrately.

See if you put it on even slightly wrong, then slide the case on... it will cause bubbles on the screen protector because the case fits so snug.

Get it though, and take your time and make sure you do it right. Get an extra just in case you mess up the first one.

EDIT: Oh, and to do it right...... do the following:

1) Make sure you have the iphone with no case on it
    2) Put only the bottom of the incase slider on
    3) Clean the screen now with the bottom on (make sure it's completely dust free)
    4) Apply the screen protector, so that it fits perfectly to the bottom of the incase slider... just up to it... and make sure the screen protector has the equal amount of room on each side of the chrome.
    5) Put on the top part of the incase slider

8. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

I picked up a pack of the Power Support Anti-Glare protectors yesterday and put one on. It does in fact fit perfectly. I finally have a screen protector that works with the Incase slider.

I like the feel of the anti-glare and I love that it doesn't attract finger prints but I'm not yet used to the frosted look.

9. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

+1 I like this combination for mine and that is a good tip but I got mine on no problem before the case.

10. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

I use the slider with the SGP Anti-FingerPrint. I like the fact that you get no finger prints. :D

11. Merlosso macrumors 6502

Merlosso

Have you ever used the Power Support? How does the fit compare to the SGP?

12. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

I have used Power Support and I think the SGP is a way better fit. Have you ever noticed with Power Support there was more uncovered space around the home button? Not with SGP, mine is right at the rim of the button. Same thing for the ear piece. I couldn't be happier.

13. ill495 macrumors newbie

POWER SUPPORT works perfectly

I never post on these types of forums but I am so so happy with the power support screen protector with the incase. I have tried two other screen protectors and was so frustrated that none of them worked and I was throwing money down the drain.

I followed the advice that said "put the bottom of the slider on first and then apply the screen protector". I botched the first one cause it had lots of dust underneath it but it lined up perfectly. So with the last one, I was really careful to remove all the dust. I applied it and there was one piece of dust on the edge but again, it lined up perfectly. Since that was my last one I told myself to just live with it. But I'm neurotic so I decided to try and remove it and used a needle and tweezers and I luckily got it out. And now its perfect.

In hindsight, I shouldn't have done it in a room with lots of dust so that was my fault. But after many tries, THIS screen protector works BEST. And trust me if it hadn't, I would given up and bought a new case!:)

14. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

Just to tell you what DOESNT work. I tried Inivishield and it bubbled up like crazy. I'm currently using a BSE and it bubbles up a very tiny bit near the top, not enough to bother me. I think if you put it on just right then you would avoid the bubbles with it though. Some say to put the skin on when you have the case on to help you align it properly so the skin/case don't overlap.

15. tomwebster99 macrumors newbie

Currently using an Invisible Shield screen protector on my 3GS with an Incase Slider and the two work fine together. If the screen protector is dead centre then the two don't even touch but line up near-perfectly to give complete protection without any interference.

16. salesguy macrumors regular

I had the same issue when I tried to put it on the screen without the case on, that is a mistake. Unless you can put it on with exact margins on either side you will create a bubble when you slide the case one.

Just take your time when putting on the screen and it will be just fine. :D

17. surferdude116 macrumors newbie

i have exactly the same problem on my 3gs... i really like the incase slider for my iPhone but i want it w/ the screen protector's on

I shaved the inside edge of the case til it didn't touch the screen protector and have no probs w/ bubbles anymore...

Capdase iMAG is the brand of my screen protector
    Anti Glare, fingerprint and grease resistant

18. AdamZollinger macrumors newbie

Zagg Invisible Shield at Best Buy with Incase Slider

FYI, I went to Best Buy today after reading that they would apply the screen protectors for $8 (Apple wouldn't) and intended to find out if there was any option for a protector that would not bubble up when you put the case on. (I thought I was going to have to get a different case even though I LOVE my white slider.) Apparently, there is a screen protector that is slightly smaller for the iPhone 4 if you intend to use a case as well. It is the Zagg Invisible Shield, and the version you want is "for use with iPhone 4 case."

They applied it, I put on my awesome white slider case, and the screen protector does not even touch the edges of it. Perfection! :)

Hope this helps.

Adam

19. TomMcK macrumors newbie

A topic bump but, you mention the Power Support protector - does only the Anti-Glare work with the Incase Slider? Or will the Power Support Crystal Film fit perfectly?

Thanks!

20. Bobioden, Jan 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012

Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I got the Incase Slider and after trying 4 Power support screen protectors and all of them bubbling, I got the Zagg Screen Protector made for cases, cut a bit smaller, and it works perfectly. Great combination.