Incase Slider + Zagg InvisibleShield

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iSkier, Jan 10, 2009.

1. iSkier macrumors regular

I have a question. Will the InvisibleShield work with the incase slider? I think that it might be worth it to get a screen protector, but I don't know which one to get. Maybe you guys can recommend one to me, and if it works with the slider, as it's the case I'm getting with my iPhone. Thank you in advanced! :D

2. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Front + Incase Slider = Yes
    Back + Incase Slider = Sorta
    Front + Back + Incase Slider = No

I am using the front, always have, and have not had any problems.

3. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

+1

4. iSkier thread starter macrumors regular

Would you recommend the zagg over the power support anti-glare? I'm also looking at that one.

5. aandf1978 macrumors member

I have had both and each one has benefits over the other. The Anti-Glare has a nice slick surface that repels fingerprints, BUT the film is not crystal clear. The IS is crystal clear, scratch proof, BUT doesn't repel fingerprints, has a slight texture to it, and not as slick to your finger. Guess it is all about what you want.

6. iSkier thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, I think I want the power support. Is the crystal clear one better than the anti-glare? I hear the anti-glare reduces brightness and sharpness, and how good is the anti-glare quality in the sun/outdoors?

7. calvy macrumors 65816

I had IS on my first gen iphone. I hated it because in my opinion, it was not crystal clear. It had an orange peel effect, had a weird texture, and eventually started collecting dust/fuzz at the corners. I put a Power Support crystal screen protector and have been kicking myself ever since for not having tried these things sooner. It is perfect. I can't even tell it's on the phone. Not too bad to put on, but not easy either, especially if you don't have steady hands.

8. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

I have just got a 3Gs, a incase slider and an invisibleShield. In the Apple store I was told that a shield would fit on with the slider case (I didn't buy the IS from Apple), is this not the case?

I was hoping to put the IS on and also use the slider case. I haven't put the IS on yet, I've used them a lot for other iPods, phones etc fine

so can I not even put the front screen on IS and not use the slider with just that? Please help before I open everything

cheers

9. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

If you get the Incase Slider and the Power Support Crystal or Anti-Glare, make sure you apply the Power Support film with the Slider on. That way, it'll be lined up perfectly, and it won't catch, when you take the Slider off, and put it back on again.

10. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

Already bought but not opened the InvisibleShield and Incase Slider though now.

Was hoping someone could confirm that you can use the front IS protector and the Incase Slider fine, oh and also that the Incase Slider does not scratch the back of the iPhone when taking the bottom bit on and off

cheers

11. PROseph macrumors newbie

i just went through this last night when i got my iphone. I put on the invisible shield first, then waited a few hours then put on the case. You do have to make sure you don't catch the screen cover by "stretching" the incase cover... good luck!

12. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

Your saying that you put the front screen protector InvisibleShield on? and then used an Incase Slider as well?

So what your saying is they work ok? but you have to sort of loop over the edges of the Incase Slider so as it sits on top of the InvisibleShield?

So if thats the case does the bottom bit slide on and off ok with the InvisibleShield on? if not theres no point to me keeping the slider case?

please reply asap as I'm ready to put on the IS and leave overnight to dry!!

cheers

13. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

Put a front InvisibleShield on and an Incase Slider on no problems fitting

The Invis Shield front doesn't really cover the whole front screen, minor gaps around the edge so the Incase slider can wrap around no problem.

perfect solution I think