Incase Slider

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by weezercleaver, Mar 5, 2010.

1. weezercleaver macrumors member

weezercleaver

Last spring I sold my iPhone 3G along with among other things a gunmetal colored incase slider. I loved this case because it fit like a glove and was hard to pull apart, it felt very solid. I just recently bought a 3GS and another incase slider, this time in orange. This case seems very loose, if i pull it out of my pocket the bottom part slides right off the phone, if I hold it tight the case flexes and squeeks like a cheap piece of plastic. It seems like these are two completely different cases. Is anyone else noticing poor quality out of the new sliders or is this just a defective unit? I don't want to make a fool out of myself at the apple store bringing it back if this is how they are now. Apple store employees already look at you like you're trying to steal from them or something, let alone make a return. It seems like most peoples complaints are that this case is too tight, has anyone else experienced the opposite?

2. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

Take It Back

I've had different Sliders fit differently on the same iPhone, and on different iPhones. You probably just got a bad one. I'd say return/exchange it.

3. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

Like ratbatblue, I've noticed the same thing, I had one slider fit really tight, and one really lose. I would definitely exchange it for another.

4. weezercleaver thread starter macrumors member

weezercleaver

Thanks guys, I am going to bring it back tonight.

5. kicko macrumors 65816

I have heard that more with 3gs then 3g models. I'm not really sure why but someone said the plastic backing on the 3gs is "different". I have a 3g and 2 sliders, black matte and white. The black fits fairly tight but the white one is very loose when putting in the phone, however...with the bottom on it fits fine and does not seem to shake around.

I actually like the looser fit as long as the phone does not move once on and it does not easily come off.

6. weezercleaver thread starter macrumors member

weezercleaver

I brought it back tonight and they tried the white slider on, it fit like a glove. We also tried another orange one and it was just as loose. We determined the "metallic" series must be made differently. I'm happy with the white now and actually like it better :)