Incase Sling Pack (fall off?) or "Flight friendly" bag?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by P90Xfit, Feb 16, 2009.

1. P90Xfit macrumors regular

Just looking for reviews of this bag, and I read like one person say that this sling bag can fall off or comes undone? That would be a very bad thing for my UBMBP. So any takes on this? I would have it in a Sleeve then the backpack.

Any reviews would be great. Or any ideas for a bag around that price. I'm in an air port at least once a month so "flight friendly" would be great.

I need to protect my new baby.

2. P90Xfit thread starter macrumors regular

3. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

4. spookywarrior macrumors newbie

The only negative reviews I've seen of it were that it didn't fit well on huskier people.

I love it though. It fits perfectly on my and my wife. It's extremely comfortable and fits my 15". My 17" is in the mail, but I'm confident it will fit just fine. The site says it does anyways. After owning it for a few months now, I couldn't think of any way to improve on it.

5. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

I'd seriously consider the Tom Bihn Checkpoint Flyer (www.tombihn.com). I travel almost weekly and it's a godsend going through security. Combined with the fact that it is a small company that maintains very tight quality control (they make nearly everything in-house and from top-notch materials) and is very responsive to any questions/issues sold me. I'd highly recommend it.

6. P90Xfit thread starter macrumors regular

That laptop looks great! It's a little to much for me though. My wife would kill me! lol

7. P90Xfit thread starter macrumors regular

Could it fit the laptop with a Incase Sleeve on it?

8. mikes70mustang macrumors 68000

mikes70mustang

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'm not sure if by "flight friendly", you're asking for a TSA approved bag or not, but I don't think you'll find a TSA bag that doesn't cost too much. It's a bit of a rip-off. :eek:

Anyway, I like StandardTM's designs. I own the STM Loft (the brown bag with a bit of orange). It doesn't look great in person, but it's actually very nice. It can fit your laptop in one compartment, and around 2 or 3 magazines in the other. Of course, this is where you'd probably put your AC adapter, external mouse, and other extra cables and such.

You can get them in the US.