Incase Snap and Pro Snap available now at Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by map1978, Oct 20, 2012.

1. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

I passed by my local Apple Store (here in Jax, FL) and they had the Snap and Pro Snap case for the iP5. These cases aren't even listed on the Incase or Apple website. My store only had the clear Snap case (looked cheap looking when I tried the case out).

I picked up the Pro Snap since this was in my top 3 cases for the 4S

Quick impression...feels great in the hand (top notch), has a slight lay on table design, and the volume buttons have great tactile feedback.

I'm not a fan of the same huge camera cutout used, but I can live with that. I like the simple logo branding Incase always does.

Something different from this years model though...the top part of the snap case is slightly longer. It looks like it was designed to protect from drops and would protect the sleep/wake button area.

It's also cheaper this year...$29.95 compared to the $34.95 for the 4S case

Here are a few pics :D

Attached Files:

2. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

Pretty cool that they have stuff at the apple store now! Good to know thanks for the update!

3. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Damn, here I thought I finally found a case but for $30? Come on.. Hopefully Amazon gets this in stock and puts on a sale.

4. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

[​IMG]

I'm waiting for the Incase Slider. Weird that Apple apparently only sell the Snap cases for now. Either that, or the Slider is still in "testing". Last time I asked, that was their excuse for not selling a single case almost 1 month after the iPhone 5's launch.

5. illomatic3 macrumors newbie

6. illomatic3 macrumors newbie

check out your local bestbuy for the sliders they had all of them when i went

7. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

the sides are a matte feel

8. illomatic3 macrumors newbie

nice thanks i like how it doesnt interfere with screen protectors in the front. hopefully my local applestore will have them

9. Koebot macrumors member

Slider is out. I've had one for about a week.

10. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I got a slider on launch day at BB and it was loose fitting, like maybe the model they used to design the case was bigger than the actual phone ended up being. When I pushed the power button, the phone popped out of the bottom. I assume that's been corrected.

11. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

Yeah BB has had Incase sliders in stock since a few days after the iPhone 5 release. I have one but will buy one of these more minimal cases instead. Thanks for the pics.

----------

I bought mine around the same time and it seems fine. These early cases were rushed and issues have probably already been corrected in current production runs.

12. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

Out where? At the Apple Store? I went to mine last week and they didn't have a single case

13. Koebot macrumors member

I ordered mine from Incase. Fit is good and it doesn't seem to scratch the phone.

14. Delorean2006 macrumors 6502a

my slider i just picked up this week and it has been great, it is really snug it doesnt pop off or anything

15. Agile55 macrumors regular

Agile55

What De2006 said above. I bought my slider (for an i5) 30days ago in BB & have had ZERO issues w/ fit etc., it is GTG in my experience.

16. rpearlberg macrumors 6502a

What is the difference between the Incase Snap and the Incase Snap Pro? My store shows they have both...