incase snap battery case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by UltraZ33, Dec 9, 2010.

1. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

This looks like its gonna be a good battery case, its not as strong as Mophie's case. But this has a 30 Pin Dock connector. It offers corner protection but not protection on the sides. I would like someone to do a review on this case. ASAP. I know this was announced today.
    And at $60.00 its not bad.
    for the details
    http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/EC20031

2. 3gbuff macrumors member

The 30 pin dock connector is a nice touch but its really fugly!
    ill stay with my mophie air.

3. jplusc macrumors 6502a

I think its kind fugly as well. I would have preferred that they went with the slider style like the 3GS power slide.

4. calvy macrumors 65816

I got excited at the thought of a snap case with a battery. But I don't like it either. The incipio version based off the feather is much nicer looking. This thing doesn't really even resemble the regular incase snap, which I personally love.

5. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Agreed! Thinking about picking up the incipio battery case once it comes out.

6. calvy macrumors 65816

I've been checking the incipio site every day lately. I can't hardly wait for "mid December" to get here.

7. Ollie N macrumors regular

Ollie N

The reason why its not a slider is because of 'glassgate'
    also am i seeing this right? Do you need to pu the the dock connector in backwards?

8. xraytech macrumors 68020

ONLY 900 mAh?!?

But I guess you have to sacrifice battery capacity for case size.

9. UltraZ33 thread starter macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

Well folks, I just won one from incase so, I'll do a review on it whenever it gets in.

10. jplusc macrumors 6502a

Please do, I've been trying to win one as well.

11. UltraZ33 thread starter macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

Ok, I've received my incase snap battery case. Here are a few quick impressions on it. (will do a better review on it soon)
    1. Feels good in the hand, satin finish.
    2. I love that the fact you can turn the battery on/off (press and hold button for 4 seconds)
    3. I love that it has the 30 pin connector

Some things that I don't like about it.
    1. If you are a clumsy person, this case isn't for you. The sides are not covered at all and it has very minimal "lay on the table" design
    2. Even though that it has a 30 pin connector the darn thing is backwards. Meaning when you put it in a docking station, the phone faces inwards.

I really like this case since it's the thinnest battery case out on the market.
    I rate this 8.5 out of 10 (if they covered the sides and didn't make the 30 pin backwards, this would have gotten a 10)

I'll get either pics or video on this case soon.