incase snap question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by innoutlover01, Nov 26, 2010.

1. innoutlover01 macrumors newbie

hi guys. i just recently have been using an incase snap smoke with a PS back and front crystals. I read somewhere that the PS back crystal might affect the case like the volume controls might be misaligned. Is it worth taking off the back protector in order for the alignment to be fine? Does the snap smoke collect alot of junk in between the phone and the case?

Thanks

2. scarboy6693 macrumors 6502

It doesn't collect much dirt, I've used it for 2 weeks without taking it off. But you can't use it with a back film, the case won't fit

3. arcturuz macrumors member

u can use with a back film, it still fits, but it won't 'snap' in

4. 007bond macrumors 6502a

007bond

I have a back film(not the PS one) and it still "snaps". This works with the Speck Back and Front Protectors that I used.

5. calvy macrumors 65816

I've gone through a few of the Incase Snap Smoke cases by buying and returning them to Apple. I originally got mine in the case program, and it never snapped onto my iphone fully. At the time, i thought it was because of the back protector I had on it (Radtech brand) so I took it off, and the case still would not snap on. I then went to Apple and bought me a new one, which snapped on jut great. But to my disappointment this new one is not nearly as translucent as the case that didn't fit properly.

6. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

i removed my back skin and the snap case fits perfect, does anyone else use the snap with no back skin ?

7. SL4VE macrumors 6502

its fine without a skin... would be a bit pointless using a skin and case

8. calvy macrumors 65816

Not exactly. Dust in between your case and your iphone is like sandpaper. Using a skin would prevent that sandpaper from taking action on the phone back, and instead would just scratch the protector.

Having said that, I removed mine because the first snap case I had wouldn't fit with it on. But it was defective, it didn't fit right even with no protector on the phone.

9. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

The fit is perfect with no back, i guess its cheap enough to get the back replaced if the phone does get damage. May even been cheaper than buying cases all time lol.

10. vbui26 macrumors newbie

I have the a PS back and front and it works perfectly with my incase snap case. I used to have the side skins and that DID NOT work with the snap case, so I had to remove them.