Incase Snap vs. Power Support Air Jacket

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by chr, Jul 8, 2011.

1. chr macrumors regular

I want to buy a light-weight snap case for my phone and have narrowed my choices to either the Power Support Air Jacket or the Incase Snap--are there opinions in regards to either of these cases, or is there another similar case I should consider?

Specifically I'd like to know the fit of each, whether they have a lay-on-the-table lip on the front or not, etc. At the moment I'm leaning slightly toward the Incase Snap, but I'd like to hear what people have to say.

2. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

i had both cases at some point during my ownership of the iphone 4. I've also returned both of them. My experiences are with the "Black Frost" or "smoked" for both cases.

To answer your questions both cases have just barely come up over the screen. Almost like less than a mm if that can be possible. I wouldn't call it an lay-on-the-table for either one.

The main differences that I saw is the the surface of the Air Jacket is smooth and shiny and will watermark. It felt super slippery as well. The Incase Snap has the soft-touch matted surface but I felt that it was still kinda slippery. The Incase was grippier (but not by a large margin) in his department.

I think the Air Jacket was more compatible with screen shields (front and back) than the Incase Snap Case. It also includes them in the package. The Snap Case is fine with a front shield and my experience with a back shield made a corner of the phone not really fit right. Not sure if the thickness affected the fit but I felt it wasnt a flushed fit with front and back shields with the Incase.

$40 for the Air Jacket with front and back screen shields. $35 for the Incase Snap with that S-stand.

With all things considered if I had to pick one, I'd pick the Incase

3. digitaldave macrumors regular

digitaldave

I had the Incase Snap and thought it was a great case. However... When I first had it, I would take the case off each night so I could put it n the dock, but this caused weaknesses around the area around the camera / flash holes iirc. However, I suspect that if kept in the case full time, it'd be fine. The one improvement I'd like to see is to have the protection extend all the way across the top and bottom of the phone - bit I suspect there's a reason it doesn't, as it seems to be a design used byna few different cases..

dsquared81 has pretty much echoed my thoughts about the Incase. Its a good case, and doesn't add too much bulk.

4. theturtle macrumors 6502a

+1 for the incase snap. The one with the matte feel was amazing.

5. chr thread starter macrumors regular

Guess I'll be buying the Snap this week then. Thanks guys.

6. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

yup, can't go wrong with the incase snap. I've been using this since "smoke" snap since the 4 was released. I received it with the free case thing that was going on. I had a crack where the camera hole is only because I have dropped it countless times. I dropped it once face flat with no screen protector on and it shattered the screen. Out of all the times I dropped it face first though just that one time it shattered. I got a refurb and put the old snap case back on. :D

7. gokart mozart macrumors 6502

http://www.switcheasy.com/products/NUDE_iPhone4/NUDE_iPhone4.php#

For less than the price of either of the cases you're looking at, you get two screen protectors and protective plugs for the charging and audio inputs. Same slim profile with more protection at the top and bottom edges. Not to mention that you can get it in a transparent finish or a number of solid colors. Just a suggestion.

Between the two you're considering, the Snap. The soft touch finish on the plastic is a great subtle feature, and I've rarely been disappointed by incase products.

8. calvy macrumors 65816

In my opinion the nude is junk compared to the incase snap. Sure you get all the cool accessories from switcheasy but the plastic of the nude is thin and easy to break. And it's glossy so it scratches up all to hell. I bought a nude when I first got my iPhone 4 and broke it within a week just from taking it off my phone. They did replace it for me so I will give them high marks in the customer service department. But I sold the replacement on eBay.

Go with the snap. It's a great case.