Incase, Speck or iPearl for macBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by iaddict, Sep 6, 2009.

1. iaddict macrumors 6502

I have two college students that I want to purchase a case for them to put their white macBook in. I found 3 that look good but wanted to hear from others that may have already bought these cases....which one you prefer (if you've had more than one) or what your experience is with the one you bought.

Thanks.

2. Pixellated macrumors 65816

I have got the Speck and it is an excellent case. I would recommend that for scratch protection and an Incase sleeve for drops. :)

3. iaddict thread starter macrumors 6502

let me add one more, Techshell

I just found another brand while searching, Techshell. Has anyone used this one?

4. Silvia96 macrumors member

I didn't really like my Speck shell very much, but I absolutely LOVE my Incase sleeve. Fits perfectly, and the lining helps keep the casing clean by continually polishing it.

5. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

6. Ride9650 macrumors 6502

i have this incase one,
    http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/CL57326

pretty good, well built, water-resistant.

im actually looking to sell it if ur interested, cause i decided i need a little more room for other things,besides a computer. its 4 a 17inch pro, but at least there'd be a little extra room to store things.

$40

its on ebay, if you are interested, let me know and i'll send you a link

7. Lee Potts macrumors newbie

I had a couple speck shells also and didn't like them. It was a poor design in my opinion because it almost felt like the top piece would shove the bottom piece off when it was closed and pressure was applied. I know for a fact it was indeed installed correctly. I recently bought an incase shell and am very pleased with it so I highly recommend it over the Speck case.