Incase Travel Kit, no shoulder strap???

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by harry*333, May 8, 2010.

1. harry*333 macrumors 6502a

harry*333

I just received my Incase Travel kit bag, and first of it seems really good, even though I don't have my iPad yet. But it didn't come with a shoulder strap. I was a little surprised but I was just like 'no problem' Ill just use the one from my briefcase. But then I realized there is only one loop on the bag other than the handle.
    Is it supposed to be like this and if so, why???

2. patp Guest

from looking at the pictures i couldn't see anything other than the small top handle. a shoulder strap would make a lot of sense.

how is the fit for the ipad? does it seem like it could take an ipad with a tpu style case/skin? from the website pictures it looks tight.

3. harry*333 thread starter macrumors 6502a

harry*333

well if you read my first post you'd know I don't have my iPad yet, but with my hand it seems really tight so it would have to be a thin case but I don't think the apple case would fit, just for context

4. patp Guest

so sorry.

if you read my post i didn't ask about the apple case, i asked about tpu style skins/cases.

touche.

let us know when or if you ever get an iPad and let us know how it fits.
    Till then enjoy the empty case.
    :rolleyes:
    okay?

5. harry*333 thread starter macrumors 6502a

harry*333

I think skins should fit just fine, as long as they're not very thick

6. Mezzo43 macrumors member

Mezzo43

I read that the Apple case would be a tight fit but is doable with this InCase travel bag. I believe there is a small cushion inside the area at the bottom where the iPad would go that can be removed. It's too bad that a shoulder strap is not included with this particular case but it's a nice case with all of the storage areas.

7. patp Guest

i have been looking at this bag for a while. I would love to see on in person, but no stores locally carry it.

i have the kensington sleeve and with the TPU case it is tight. my fear is that it'll be tight with the Incase as well.

8. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

I personally have the Incase Travel Kit Plus and the Belkin Grip Vue on my iPad. Mezzo43 is correct there is a small foam insert in the bottom of the iPad slot. even with the foam insert in the bottom I can fit my iPad with the Grip Vue quite easily. I do not have the Apple Case at this time so cant tell you how that would fit, I expect you'd have to remove the foam insert. as for it not having shoulder straps I'm not concerned by that, I can always improvise something :p

9. Mezzo43 macrumors member

Mezzo43

Do you have the Apple wireless keyboard? (Not the iPad keyboard.). Just wondering how the fit is with the iPad, wireless keyboard and charger is inside the InCase travel bag. Would the charger bang into the keyboard area when this case is zipped up?

10. w00tini macrumors 6502a

i have this bag (murse). it fits my bluetooth keyboard, my iPad power supply and cable, my iPhone power supply and cable, pens, a small notepad, a polish cloth, and a stand. it's a much bigger bag and laid out very, very well.

11. patp Guest

Have link or pic?

12. Davydd macrumors regular

I bought the Eagle Creek Guide Pro travel bag. It is nylon with a shoulder strap as well as hand strap and the iPad with the Apple iPad case fits perfectly, but tight, inside the largest compartment. It has several other compartments for cell phone, pens, accessories etc.

http://www.eaglecreek.com/bags_luggage/shoulder_bags/Guide-Pro-40481/

13. nowstime macrumors regular

Does anybody know a good place to get the Incase Travel Kit Plus? Apple stores are sold out. Incase web store has them but shipping is almost $10.

And it says discontiuned at Apple.com.