InCase v.s. iSkin Revo

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Racktacular, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Racktacular macrumors regular

Bought the InCase holder the day I bought my iPhone from the Apple Store.

Pros:

- very easy to hold and non-slip on the dash while driving
    - surrounds the outside so you have access to the entire front side

Cons:

- scratches the silver bezel
    - rather heavy
    - stretches out of shape if you take the iPhone in and out too often

I heard good reviews about the iSkin Revo and wanted to make sure that I had the best product for my iPhone (I personally don't like the pouch holders and the holders with an attachable clip). So I bought an iSkin Revo.

It came in 3 days ago.

Pros:

- thin. Truly "iSkin"
    - has a detachable hard cover. Thought that was pretty cool
    - doesn't scratch bezel

Cons:

- slippery. Made out of silicone (I think) and it tends to slip around if you hold it gently and doesn't stay put on my dash
    - Because it covers some of the front of the phone, and it is elevated, the spacebar (on the keyboard) is difficult to press. Perhaps not for everyone, but I had a hard time adjusting to typing on bottom line of the keyboard.
    - Elevated material on the screen seems to collect dust easily.
    - Silicone material seem to "catch" dust easily as well.

Overall, both cases are good, but I prefer the InCase much more, mainly becasue it is non-slip (due to it being rubber) and doesn't interfer with my typing. The fact that it scratches the bezel, I am will to accept (hey people aren't going to see that anyways!).

Hope that helps everyone who is trying to decide between the two.

** I now have an iSkin Revo that I paid $35 dollars for and I don't need it. I used it for 1 day and it is back in its box. I will sell it for $10 + $2 shipping to the first PM I get. Payment can be via Paypal and I will ship it out within 24 hours of payment. If interested please PM me. Thanks!

- Rack

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I have been using the incase cover since day one and I have never had any problems with it which would make me buy another cover. It's a bit bulky but I can live with that because I know my phone is more secure in it :)

3. alljunks macrumors regular

4. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

I absolutely love my Revo. I dropped my phone from about chest high the other day and it landed face down on a tile floor. I picked it up and it was perfectly fine. If I didn't have the case on it, the glass would have cracked for sure.

5. DavoMrMac macrumors 6502

DavoMrMac

Can someone post a link to the incase - I would be keen to have a look.

6. maestrokev macrumors 6502a

maestrokev

Before anyone considers ordering from the bait and switch CoverCase, read my posting and beware of all these positive reviews from newbies.

7. azpalmprincess macrumors newbie

I really like iskin...i also have one of their laptop covers and that is really nice as well.

8. DavoMrMac macrumors 6502

DavoMrMac

The iSkin Revo is really nice, the visor type shield adds extra protection when not in use. The materials used give that extra bump protection, but do pick up dust quite easily.