incase vs. incipio for iPhone 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by sailmac, Jul 23, 2008.

1. sailmac macrumors 6502

sailmac

Anyone with first-hand experience who can comment on these leather belt clip models for iPhone 3G -- one by incase and the other by incipio?

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

Well, not these specific cases. I got an incipio silicone case on launch day that sucked terribly, and replaced it with the Incase Protective Cover which I love to death.

3. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

I had this one on my first iPhone. It worked well. Just the edges get beat up because they are exposed. Might want to consider bodyguardz on the back along with that case. That should should the problem of the corners getting beat up.

4. iPhOnEGeEk macrumors newbie

Incipio

I got the Incipio premium leather case a couple days ago and I love it. Feels like high quality leather and fits the iphone nicely. The belt clip is pretty convenient and there are pretty big openings on the side to push the buttons.

5. dustinl4m3 macrumors regular

Bought two of the incase cases on launch day, and one already went back and the other is going back shortly. The case simply does not fit. I had a similar incase case for the 2G iPhone and it fit perfectly. This new 3G one does not fit. You won't be able to see the top edge of the screen (time, signal bars, etc) because the phone won't fit down in the case far enough.

Avoid.

6. Taylor C macrumors 6502a

Bought both, the InCase is MUCH better. I was a huge supporter of InCase's Leather Sleeve for my first generation iPhones, and I love their case for the iPhone 3G as well. Unfortunately, the Incipio is a very poor fit. It's nearly impossible to get the phone out of the case, and it covers the camera partially. Returned instantly. The Incipio case is also much thinner than the pictures lead you to believe.

7. sailmac thread starter macrumors 6502

sailmac

The comments I've found in Macrumors, along with other comments I've encountered on the net, lead me to believe that users can be satisfied with either case -- as long as their case is accurately constructed and fits correctly.

And that's the gamble -- quality control isn't uniformly high for these products in the $25-$35 price range.

I'll buy the InCase and find out how it goes.

Thanks for the input.