Incase w/ dock help/suggestions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChandlerXJ, Jul 16, 2007.

1. ChandlerXJ macrumors member

I got the incase case, black, and i don't want to take it off because it will eventually stretch. How should i go about modifying my dock so the iphone fits with the case?

2. meagain macrumors 68030

Are you saying everytime you want to dock the phone, you have to take that case off? Didn't know that.

3. question fear macrumors 68020

question fear

I've heard there are universal docks by belkin that may be able to accomodate a cased phone. I think it would make far more sense to get a new dock than to modify your existing one.

4. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Use the ipod universal case with no adaptor. I have tried it and it works. Even stands up. I haven't tried any of the other adaptors to see if it fits it and supports it better, but I placed mine on it and it works with the case.

Is a little flimsy as the base isn't well supported, but should be fine. Could probably even sand/dremel one of the adaptors to make it work.

5. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

I would just use the direct connection with the cable and forget using the dock. I have the Incase black rubber case on my iPhone as well and the thing pretty much stretches out on the top left if you take it off even once or twice after you put it on. I had to return my first one and learned my lesson: DON'T take off the Incase unless you want the top stretched out.:eek: