Incentive to switch to ATT

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rustyosaurus, Oct 18, 2011.

1. rustyosaurus macrumors regular

I've been with Sprint for 12 years now and am thinking about switching to ATT. Do they ever give out incentives to do this? Like a plan discount or free rollover minutes or unlimited data?

I'm just an individual plan with one line of service.

I'm sure they won't do anything like this but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I just got the iPhone 4s, haven't opened or activated it yet, but am thinking about just switching to ATT due to the awful 3G speeds everyone is getting.

Thanks

2. bad03xtreme macrumors 6502a

bad03xtreme

You probably have better luck getting Sprit to give you incentives to stay. ATT has no relationship with you and has no idea if you will even be a "good customer" (pays your bills on time).

Companies don't like losing good customers and will throw incentives that don't cost them a dime at you to sway you to stay.

3. rustyosaurus thread starter macrumors regular

you're probably right. i didn't think about that.

4. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Possibly but it wont be unlimited data. That is gone and never, ever coming back.

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

On the positive side, AT&T has been good to me for many years. They got a lot of plans to look at and unless Sprint is really taking care of you, it does not hurt to look at their website or visit a store to see what they got.

Just a though for another option!

6. lickitysplit macrumors regular

Incentives to move to AT&T: Have a better network.

7. rustyosaurus thread starter macrumors regular

strangely, when i called sprint and told them i wanted to cancel, the only thing i was offered was a $80 credit, which imo is lame. i've never paid a bill late and i'm currently paying $115 a month.

the rep also seemed completely surprised when i said that 3G data speeds sucked - like it was the first time he'd heard of this

i want to make the switch because for an individual plan it comes out exactly the same amount of money, except for the 2gb of data vs unlimited. and ATT has rollover minutes.

the only thing i'm not sure about is the voice calling.

and no - i currently get no discount whatsoever on the $109/mo plan i am on. i did move down a plan today and they are able to discount me 10% a month because of school.

8. BishamonX macrumors member

It all depends on your needs. Your location is a large contributor to the quality of your service. If you value data speed and AT&T has great coverage in your area then jump. I just came back to Sprint after two years with AT&T because the dropped calls in the DMV area were debilitating. Sprint doesn't have those issues here, but the data speeds are slower.

9. jbouklas macrumors regular

It's easy for a small percentage of people to complain on the internet, and for those complaints to be amplified. Sprint service is good where Sprint service is good. It's good in NY and I get fast, reliable 3G data on my EVO and on my wife's HTC Arrive. I expect no difference when our new iPhones get delivered tomorrow. I switched from T-Mobile (which had really crappy service) to AT&T when the iPhone came out, and while the network was marginally better, I endured a dozen or so dropped calls a week, at least. On Sprint, I barely ever get dropped calls and I get better signal in more places.

For prospective buyers, I wouldn't take complaints from a small percentage of users as gospel. Try out the service, and if you like it, keep it. That's what I did- I signed up with Sprint for a few weeks to see if I got good coverage everywhere I traveled, and once I was satisfied, I signed up for a family plan.