Incipio Atlas ID for iPhone 5S

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 6thDAY, Nov 21, 2013.

1. 6thDAY macrumors 6502a

So I just saw this today on Incipio's website. It is called the Atlas ID and apparently supports touch ID.

From my experience using the Atlas for my iPhone 5, I think I'll pass on this until I see some reviews.

What do you guys think?

[​IMG]

2. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

3. johnskies macrumors newbie

First one was horrible.

The first version of this case suffered from horrible call quality and awful touch sensitivity near the bottom of the screen. Hopefully they got their act together and fixed all of that. Can't wait to hear the reviews.

4. KAMB macrumors 6502

Waiting for a review myself now. I've been waiting for this case or the LifeProof Nuud to come out.

5. Premium1 macrumors 6502a

I had the first version on the iPhone 5 and the screen was nice but around the edges sensitivity sucked and audio on calls was awful. I ended up getting rid of mine. Hope they fixed these issues.

6. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

Anybody else have this case? I am having terrible touch quality, I have to stab my thumb on the screen to register.

7. Cr0nus macrumors member

Cr0nus

Yup I have this case right now and the touch sensitivity is terrible. I can barely type much less access the control center by swiping up from the bottom.

If no one has any positive reviews about the touch responsiveness, I will be returning mine shortly instead of exchanging.

8. HiRisk macrumors 6502

9. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

Yep. Especially after having water on it the screen wont work unless its made completly dry first.

10. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

I found a discount code for incipio and paid $76.49 for the atlasID case. It was a gift for my wife. The case seems really solid and she loved the color. However, the door to get to the lightning port and headphones seemed a bit too hard to open. Worse though touch response was terrible on the screen, it takes more force to get input to register. The bottom of the screen was useless, the space bar was hit or miss and control center impossible. Even though she loved the looks it's going back to incipio. We picked up a lifeproof nuud earlier today. So far it seems like it will be the winner.

11. 6thDAY thread starter macrumors 6502a

I got the first Atlas case, and apparently they did not fix the issue with this new one, which based on the reviews, I think is worst then the first.

I also got the nuud after returning the Atlas v1

12. blarivee macrumors 6502

Someone mentioned that the screen is far away from the phone and suggested putting a microfiber cloth on the back of the phone to push the screen closer. Did anyone try that and see an improvement in the screen sensitivity in the corner?