Incipio dermaSOT vs. Belkin Grip Vue (your opinion)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by LouieSamman, May 7, 2010.

1. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

The Incipio dermaSOT case looks great and contours the shape of the iPad.

Many cases for instance the Belkin Grip Vue which I thought was nice, made the sides of the case rounded which takes away the shape of the iPad which are flat on the sides. (by sides I mean where the volume rocker, screen lock..ect)

This Incipio dermaSOT case (the black model) seems really nice and looks more professional.

What I don't like about the Belkin Grip Vue is that it makes the borders of the iPad look cheap because the borders are plastic and shiny.

I'm getting the Incipio dermaSOT and selling the Belkin Grip Vue (clear) on Craiglist. Good choice? let me know

Incipio dermaSOT
    http://www.amazon.com/Incipio-dermaSOT-Apple-iPad-Black/dp/B003DIYMD2

Belkin Grip Vue
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/H0985VC/A?fnode=MTc0MjU2Mjc&mco=MTc2OTk2OTQ

2. Kapetan macrumors newbie

I'd go for Incipio dermaSOT. I'm not sure about Belkin. Your right, it looks cheap.

3. bmorley macrumors newbie

I purchased the dermaSHOT and am quite pleased with it. It does add around 7 ounces so their is an obvious increase in heft. The edges are pretty rounded and it feels like a bumper around the iPad. The images on their site are a little deceiving. The Apple logo does not show through the thinner area on the back for the gray version (which I have) and I would expect that would be the same with the black.

4. LouieSamman thread starter macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Edges are rounded but I'm talking about the side. It's flat right? Like the shape of the naked ipads side not the edge.

5. bmorley macrumors newbie

6. LouieSamman thread starter macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

Good, I was worried. And as for the weight I don't mind. I just hate how the belkin grip vue has rounds sides instead of contouring to the side of the naked iPad which is flat. I want my iPad to feel as causeless as possible but off good protection as possible and these dermaSOT seem perfect.

Should be coming in the mail soon.

How does the case feel. Is it grip able to be able to have it lean on a wall without sliding?

Offer pics if you can.

7. bmorley macrumors newbie

I like the feel of the case. It seemed a bit slippery at first, but either I got used to it or it has become more tacky over time. Grips well as shown by the shot near the window. On the shot of the side with the volume controls, there is a slightly raised ridge you can see that runs around the entire side of the case. Haven't found it bothersome, but it is there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]