Incipio Destroyer Case review

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nospeed411, Dec 4, 2010.

1. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

I was out yesterday dong some Christmas shopping and decided to swing into the AT&T store to check their specials for the holidays. They had a pretty sweet line up of cases for the iPhone 4 and where running a buy two get one free deal. I decided to stock up cause I was in the mood to spend some money and with 4 iPhones in the house it's not like they'll go unused. I have really come to like Incipio's products for the iPhone and came a cross this little gem . It's the "DESTROYER" case in black and gray. The price is 39.99 at the AT&T store.

I pulled out of the package and slipped it on the phone and was amazed by it's sheer "beefiness", it is much smaller and less obnoxious as the Otterbox , yet seems to provide the same or similar protection. It comes with a nice snug belt clip , a microfiber cleaning cloth and a set of screen protectors.

Installation was a snap. It seems to extremely well engineered to fit the phone and the outer shell fits into the silicone perfectly. I will say that if you don't have the hard back shell snapped into the silicone all the way it makes sliding it into the belt clip a tad tight. The belt clip also makes holding the phone on your shoulder really nice when you slip the phone in screen out orientation.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Nice review man, looks like the Ballistic Case.

3. nospeed411 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Its is indeed balistic....but being that I am in the auto industry and constantly going from under a dash to answering calls in the office it fits my needs perfectly. I was always dropping my phone or losing it in a car. This case is perfect protection for the phone and offer much less bulk than the Otterbox. Plus the belt clip is much slimmer and the phone fits closer to the body. That was always my biggest complaint about the Otterbox....it seems that when in the clip the phone sticks out waaay to far always getting knocked out of the holster.

4. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Weird how its not on the incipio website.. must be an AT&T exclusive..

5. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Nice Review :) Looks like i could give the Otterbox Defender a run for it's money.

6. nospeed411 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I believe it is an AT&T exclusive. It was packaged in an AT&T box . I searched incipio's site as well and can not find it. The do however make the same one for the iPad.

7. nospeed411 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Some of us can't be fashionista's all the time, some of us do have jobs that require a bit of "protection " for our phones. It seems with cases it's either pretty/useless or ugly and functional.

8. CZK macrumors 6502a

For protection that looks 10/10 indeed

9. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Generally with cases it's:

Great Protection and Crap Looks
    Crap Protection and Great Looks

10. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Aww....they changed the design :mad:

It was supposed to look like this. I probably would've bought it if it looked like the mock up.

Attached Files:

11. mpossoff macrumors 68020

How does it compare to the Otterbox defender?

12. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Wow I get huge discount on Att accessories!

13. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

It doesn't. It is essentially the commuter with a belt clip. The screen protector isn't integrated and there is very little plastic to keep the silicone in check.

I bought one of these last week and took it back after a couple of days. Found there to be too much silicone exposed on the edge. The commuter, while not covering the logo has more plastic allowing for a tighter fit overall.

I will say the clip is downright outstanding. it fit really well. My only issue was the silicone lip would catch on the clip when I slid it on. Again because there isn't enough overall plastic.

side-note: I also thought that it was like the original design (the at&t site only shows the back).