Incipio feather case and zagg invisible shield together?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 99MustangGTman, Nov 19, 2009.

1. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

Have a white 3GS and currently use a Incipio feather lite case which I have to say is my favorite case yet. I just got a replacement phone for the genius bar since my old one had a camera issue. The only negative part about the incipio case is that it doesn't cover the chrome bezel at all near the home button and the bezel on my old 3GS had a bunch of fine scratches. I don't want to get any of those scratches on my new 3GS, so I pretty much want a Zagg invisible shield just so I can protect that one part of the bezel. But will the case fit with the shield on?

2. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

it will fit if you're only using the ZAGG backing. but for the pieces on the chrome, the feather will tear it up or lift up. it wouldnt be a good idea.

you can give it the 'brush aluminum' look and not worry about scratches anymore. otherwise, scratches on the chrome bezel will be there no matter what you put it in.

OR you can just run the ZAGG and nothing else.

3. gunzmaiet macrumors regular

i thought that IS back is pretty incompatible with all snap-on and slider cases and the slight bulk screws up that the case's exact design

4. polobreaka macrumors 6502a

i use the feather and wrapsol and it goes over fine. the IS is a little thicker than wrapsol, but i dont see why it wouldnt fit. i didnt have to force the feather on. so with a little more thickness of the IS, the feather can go on.

5. 99MustangGTman thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm I think I'll try this, thanks

6. DukeL macrumors member

DukeL

Dont bother. It dosent work.

7. benfica88 macrumors regular

Yes it does. I took a lot of trying but you can slide apart the feather at the bottom and slide it in. it's not easy and most people will tear apart there shield but you can do it... Just don't plan on taking the phone out of the feather after that.