Incipio feather (clear)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ctbear, Dec 30, 2010.

1. ctbear macrumors 6502a

Has anyone tried the clear feather yet? I'm curious to know if it's a glossy finish or a matte finish.
    Here is a picture from their website
    [​IMG]

It does look like some sort of matte surface, but it would be better to hear from users :)

2. missygal Guest

missygal

3. buffgrk macrumors member

do these feather cases have a lip on the front so if you were to lay it face down on the table there wouldn't be any contact of the screen?

4. missygal Guest

missygal

No lip. They are flush with the phone.

5. buffgrk macrumors member

6. genetic macrumors 6502

i asked incipio if the clear feather was matte. they responded by saying "It is made of a clear polycarbonate material. It is not a matte case, it is actually rather iridescent" . just fyi if anyone was interested. im considering getting this case or the pinlo slice 3, still unsure which yet though.

7. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I'd go with the pinlo slice 3, I'll doubt this feather is matte. Its probably glossy which will scratch like crazy.

8. ctbear thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the info

I currently have a clear black Air Jacket and I really hate the water mark effect and how it attracts smudges :/ Guess I should just go commando

9. benfica88 macrumors regular

I'm looking at this myself. My Pinlo just cracked in two places after one week and have yet to hear from them...

10. benfica88 macrumors regular

I'd watch out with the slice. Cracked in 2 places for me within a week. I have yet to hear back from Pinlo...

11. meringues macrumors member

What other thin clear cases are comparable to this?

12. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Case mate barely there in clear.

13. benfica88 macrumors regular

FYI, Pinlo does not have a warranty for products not purchased through their channel...pretty bad.

14. iPhoneCollector macrumors 6502a

iPhoneCollector

i would not recommend it to you because the screen is not protected:(

15. Gordonpn macrumors member

Gordonpn

Does anyone know if it's matte or glossy? Really interested in buying this case in transparent/clear.

16. naths macrumors 6502

switcheasy nude, and the top and bottom are covered, its a complete case if you know what i mean....great case...

17. JMies419 macrumors 6502

MY concern would be water marking on the back of the phone. I purchased the smoke grey feather and returned it because it was watermarking. Looks bad IMO when a case does that.

18. HeyGreggie macrumors 65816

HeyGreggie

Looks glossy, dude. Mainly because even in the picture it's clear with no "smoke" like finish.

19. solo118 macrumors 65816

I have this exact case on my phone right now. It is indeed glossy, and the scratches are very noticeable after just a few days.

I do like it though, because I had at least 5 matte black cases and they kept cracking. The clear case does not have one crack and I have been using it for 3 weeks.

20. Gordonpn macrumors member

Gordonpn

You mean your other black Incipio Feather cases keep cracking?

21. allapon macrumors regular

allapon

I am new for this forum, But I used quite a few Clear Case with my iPhone 4 white.

1. PowerSupport Air Jacket (Clear) - I have two of them, they cracked on the corner of the case. First one broke off bottom left corner, Second one had fracture on top corner (as shown in first pic)

Good - Thin with enough protection, have small lip to protect touch screen, and surface is hardly scratch.
    Bad - as I mention before and also it is expensive.

2. Incase Snap case (Clear) - I think I got the fake one coz it is so darn cheap on Amazon - Only case without any crack, but fitting is the main issue. Have a little scratch on the back surface.

Good - Thicker protection, small scratch fall behind Powersupport, Also have bigger lip to protect Touchscreen.
    Bad - Issue about Fitting and a lot of OEM one fly around.

3. Incipio Feather (Clear) - I got it in the same time as Incase but I try Incase before I switched to Incipio - Crack on the top corner as well as PowerSupport (as shown in second photo)

Good - Cheap (I got mine around $15.-)
    Bad - As I mention before and , easy scratch compare to Incase and Powersupport, and no lip to protect your front.

After a few round of clear case, I decide to go with Element Case Vapor pro white edition with front and back Anti-Glare Screen protector. Let see how it goes!!

Attached Files: