Incipio Feather iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by LMD75, Sep 15, 2011.

1. LMD75, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011

LMD75 macrumors 6502

Just bought an Incipio Feather in 'Black absolute' to replace my excellent Incipio NGP.

I purchased this because I have had great experience with Incipio Support and wanted something more form fitting.

Even though the NGP offered great protection, the screen lip got in the way when I was editting text close to the edge of the screen.

I have just read many reports of the matt finish wearing away very easily on the edges. Did this only apply to the original versions with the different camera cutout?

Or were people simply buying dodgy counterfeit versions?

Here is a photo of it and I am really happy with the way it looks and fits.

Attached Files:

2. phatbass30 macrumors member

i've been using this case since i got my iphone 4, almost a year now. its still good.

3. kicko macrumors 65816

I have 2 but neither have the "soft" coating that can peel off. Both of mine are different styles. I was trying to figure which was first but it seems they vary by colors.

I think it depends in the quality of the coating and the wear and tear you put on it. I have an feather from my old 3g that is still in great shape.

feathers are now on sale on various sites for $5 grab another one is you like and have a spare.

http://store.tipb.com/incipio-ultra-light-feather-case/4A123A7092A.htm

4. LMD75 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Thanks both for the replies. $5 is an absolute bargain. Great if you are in the US but not so good for international shipping.. > 50$ for delivery :(

5. MacBpro macrumors member

I had used the incipio feather before and it is very durable. $5 is a good deal, I paid original price. I think they are cleaning the inventory for the iPhone 5 cases.

6. Lee Adama macrumors regular

Lee Adama

The Incipio Feather is my everyday case. The Magpul Exceutive Field being a close second.

My first incipio developed cracks along the bottom edge. The company was fantastic to deal with and I had a brand new replacement within days. The new case seems to be solid.

I really like the minimalist vibe and the feel of the case in hand.

7. visualizefree macrumors newbie

very cool, thanks for sharing. I will get one and hope it really protects mine because it really looks nice.

8. h00ligan macrumors 68030

9. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

how are you liking your feather? Do you find that it offers enough protection? What worries me is that its open on the top and bottom. OP how did you like your NGP? What color did you get?

10. LMD75, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011

LMD75 thread starter macrumors 6502

NGP was a superb case although a little bulky. It protected the phone well from major damage but at the same time scratched up my bezel (like the bumper cases /practically any case would do if not cleaned out every week). It did feel great in the hand. I bought the "Matte Translucent Mercury Gray" version and in the beginning it was a little too light in colour for my liking. However as it aged, it became darker and looked better.

The feather looks alot better but obviously offers less protection. My only concern is that if it is dropped face down on concrete, there is no raised lip to protect the front screen. I do have the supplied screen protector fitted and it has held up very well for almost a year.

11. Internettalks macrumors newbie

Incipio Feather is indeed one of my favorite ones. I have about 5 different casings by now and still use it most of the time