Incipio Feather Now cut Differently

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DukeL, Sep 6, 2009.

1. DukeL macrumors member

DukeL

When I got my original feather from incipio the sides came all the way flush to the bezel on all sides. I picked up one last week and i notice it dosent come up quite as far, I mean when I hold it up sideways I can see a little bit of the bezel sorda like the powersupport air jacket but not as much. I went and picked up another one at frys electronics to see if maybe I just got a bad one but same thing. The sides of the case do not come fully flush to the bezel. Why would they cut it this way when the original cut was so much more perfect and flush with the bezel, has anyone else received a feather recently and noticed this??

2. lpnjake macrumors member

i just purchased a neon blue feather, it goes all the way up to the bezel, not half way like the power support.. maybe u should get a new one.

3. DukeL thread starter macrumors member

DukeL

Well I'm not saying it goes halfway but it just isnt 100% flush with the bezel. If you look at it directly from the side view you can see a little bit of bezel. I already bought 2 of them from 2 different places and same thing. My original one went completely flush with the bezel.

4. lpnjake macrumors member

must be you man.. let me see if i can take a picture of my neon blue one.

[​IMG]

now look at the power support..

[​IMG]

5. DukeL thread starter macrumors member

DukeL

Okay but the image is tilted a bit. If you look at it DIRECTLY from the side can you see any bezel?

6. lpnjake macrumors member

i didnt tilt it at all i tried to get as dead on as i could. i just took my neon green incipio out of my sock drawer and im pissed.. its a total different color it has black streaks on it now.. ive never used it what so ever.. might be going back to a power support crystal air jacket as im VERY disappointed in the incipio now. u cant clean these what so ever if it gets dirty in any way its DONE.

edit;

but to anwser your question no i can not see any bezel what so ever..

7. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

My biggest issue with he case is that my iPhone slides around a bit in the case.

8. javanutsy macrumors newbie

Man, if this is true, that is disappointing. I'm waiting for my black Feather to come in the mail. I'll report back when I receive it.

9. lollicup macrumors regular

DukeL I think you have OCD because that case looks flush to me

i think its all in your head

10. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

I recently got a new black one directly from Incipio a few weeks ago as my old one cracked. Cut is still perfect. It sits totally flush with the bezel. I also got a neon green, and it is the same. No problems.

Do you have a skin on the back of your phone or something? IF you do, that would make the phone sit up a bit higher and so maybe the case would not be totally flush. Otherwise, you just crazy man. :p

11. DukeL thread starter macrumors member

DukeL

Its definitely not "all in my head." I can clearly see the bezel on my feather when i hold it directly sideways, a bit of the bezel is visible. It comes up almost flush but not quite. On my original feather it was fully flush. I definitely recognize the difference. Maybe its because I ordered my original feather directly fron Incipio and my recent ones have been from frys electonics?

12. javanutsy macrumors newbie

OK, finally received mine last night. I have the black one, and if I look on the side, the case comes up perfectly flush with the bezel. I don't see any chrome at all.

I ordered it from eBay, and the case came unopened in the original Incipio packaging, with screen protectors etc.

13. lollicup macrumors regular

DukeL I don't doubt (or cannot tell ) if your case is flush or not, more than likely it is not. but that is probably an isolated case. the picture posted shows a flush case, so I think you might be looking for a problem that is not there.

you should probably return it and get a new one if it bothers you