Incipio Feather quality gone down?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richpuer, Oct 2, 2012.

1. richpuer macrumors 6502

Or did I just get a dud for the Ip5?

I had the feather for my 4 and it was the best case ever. Super snug and tight. I compared both out of the box when I got the 5 feather case and it surely felt thinner and less sturdy on the back.

Also this doesn't snap on tightly on top left corner and feels flimsy. When I press down on the corners of the phone I feel slight play. Like some gaps in the back. Had to stuff paper in there to make it tight.

Are your feathers like this too?

2. CanadaEh macrumors regular

I've noticed the top left corner pop out occasionally as well. Doesn't really bother me though. I got the case before the iPhone 5 even came out.

3. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

They will make revisions throughout the life of the phone.

4. Iceage macrumors 6502

Yes

5. yezza macrumors regular

I just received my black feather in the mail today. Unfortunately my iPhone 5 doesn't ship for another 3-4 weeks so can't comment on the fit.

However, comparing it to my 4S's feather, quality does not seem as good. The edges are a little rougher/sharper on the 5's case.

Another thing I noticed is that nowhere on the packaging does it say iPhone 5. In fact, it says the New iPhone. So, I'm wondering, is there a newer revision out there yet, or did everyone else receive this same version...?

6. viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

I think the new slick design of the iPhone 5 doesn't lend itself as well for all snap on cases. Bevel edge and smoother transition to glass ( i.e. less breakage when dropped), is harder to snap on to. IMHO.

7. sineplex macrumors 6502

they made it before the phone shipped obviously that's why it doesn't have the best fit.

8. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

I'm not happy with mine at all. It feels really cheap now. they didn't even coat the inside of it with soft touch coating like they did before.

The They put that stupid groove on the back side of it.

And its got a slight lip to it that i can't stand. I had 2 revisions of the feather for the 4/4S and they didn't have the lip on the sides of the screen.

very annoyed.

I wish i could get some answers about the spigen ultra thin air. that looks like what the feather used to be.

9. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

Can't speak to older versions, but I really like my Feather. Very slim and I really like the feel of the case. Have one on my iPad 3 too.

10. kevroc macrumors 6502

+1

11. breezie macrumors member

12. yezza macrumors regular

Also, the included screen protector has a damn ugly cutout for the earpiece/camera/prox sensor.

13. jasonh4451 macrumors newbie

Just got the black one and love it. Very minimal protection which is what I wanted. I also got the Incase Snap which is not well done and will be returned.

We'll see how the feather wears.

14. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

Do you have pics comparing the 2? These are my go to cases for the iPhone. thanks.

15. GiRARDsays macrumors member

Just got my Incipio Feather SHINE in Obsidian Black that I ordered off Amazon over the weekend. Case fits great, but did interfere a bit with my ghost Armor side protection so I removed it. Pictures were taken with my coworkers iPhone 4.

Don't mind the dust. I was too excited to take pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'd have to agree that the quality of these have gone down, but Incipio in the past has modified the design of previous cases throughout the life of the device. I'm sure Incipio now having the phone physically out on the market will tweak the fit and finish of the case to make it better.

16. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

Looks nice. Does it affect reception in anyway?

17. GiRARDsays macrumors member

I haven't really checked yet. I get crappy signal at my work anyway so I haven't noticed any reception issues yet. I'll check when I get home later.

18. hofnar macrumors regular

hofnar

Oh I agree. I think the fit isn't that bad. It's more the sharp edges and lack of the soft feeling on the inside of the case that urks me.

My co worker has the snap, and hers is already starting to fall apart. I guess plastic only goes so far.