Incipio Feather questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Kenzembo1, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Kenzembo1 macrumors 6502

Ok, so I'm currently using the Incase slider which I've been using ever since it came out for the 3g. I like it mainly because you can use it easily with a dock. I was thinking about making a change though to give me a little more variety, and stumbled upon the Incipio Feather case. What appeals to me about that case is how minimal it is. Looking at youtube videos, I can hardly notice it's on the phone- it almost looks like it's spray-painted on! Also, the matte texture is really nice. It's also pretty affordable at only $20. My first question is what color do you think looks the best on the black iphone? I have it narrowed down to either the olive green, (mustard) yellow, or red. Also, does anyone have this case that uses a dock? Which docks is it compatible with? I heard that it won't fit the stock Apple 3g dock. Thanks guys! Any comments would be appreciated :)

2. puma1552 macrumors 601

if you like that, take a look at the moshi iglaze 3g, at www.moshimonde.com. I'm waiting for mine to come in.

3. mrXniick macrumors member

Looked at the iglaze, the feather offers better protection

4. Kenzembo1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mr. Xniick, I noticed you had the feather case...can you elaborate and tell me about your experiences with it? What color did you choose? Also, do you use a dock with it?

5. mrXniick macrumors member

I switched from the incase slider to the incipio feather because i did not like the bulk the slider added. Why get a bulky, protective case if you are never going to see the beauty of the actual device?

I purchased the black feather, and love how it looks on my black 3g. It fits great, adds no bulk and the chrome showing around it is a nice touch.

Looked at other cases like the SGP, PS air jacket and moshi iglaze, but none of them offered the same protection of the top of the phone, and i think the apply logo cutout looks retarded.

6. 3gbuff macrumors member

I also love the feather. I got the olive one and it looks great. very minimal and docks anywhere. Only thing is dont drop your phone, this case is made to protect against scratches and scuffs, not drops.

7. Geefiasco macrumors member

Sorry to hijack your thread, but I was also very interested in buying a Feather. Does anyone have any photo's of their iPhone with one on?

8. Bambeezer macrumors regular

I love my feather. Now my girlfriend and my best friend use one. It's nice and thin with good grip. Not a case to protect from a fall out of your hand. But it does slip easily into jeans and slacks.

Mine is black on a black iPhone. I use a Belkin 5 port USB dock and it works with the case on. I use the 30GB ipod video adapter.

9. Kenzembo1 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the posts guys! I ordered a yellow one for my girlfriend and it should be here the early part of next week. I'm thinking about getting the red one (although I'm a little concerned what shade of red it is- I would prefer that it's a darker shade for a more masculine look). Does anyone have pics of the red feather, or seen it in person? Also, I'm thinking about getting an xStand to replace my dock (since the feather case will not be compatible with my Apple iPhone 3G dock)...I considered purchasing the Apple Universal dock, but I figured the xStand would be a nice change. Also, with talks of a new iPhone coming late this summer, I thought it would a better decision to get the stand over a dock (which is specifically made for the 3G). What do you guys think?